• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping quote M1083 from Nashville, TN to San Diego, CA

Recce01

Hi All,
I am looking for shipping quotes to have an S&S M1083 picked up near Nashville, TN and dropped off in San Diego, CA. Thanks in advance for any quotes!

Scott

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You should expect to pay 3800 to 4500. Right now diesel is back up and its winter blend. I would be right at $2.10 a mile on it for the 2000 miles so $4200. You may try uship but you will have to pay their fees, plus the bidder has to pay 17 percent of their bid to uship so it may be high on bids.
You may call a local broker near you and see if they have a driver needing backhaul which will be cheaper.

You can also try RoadRunner transportation as they are in Memphis and have stepdeck trailers.

Since its a runner you may consult 98G on a driving it out to you to save you some money.

Last edited:

Recce01

You should expect to pay 3800 to 4500. Right now diesel is back up and its winter blend. I would be right at $2.10 a mile on it for the 2000 miles so $4200. You may try uship but you will have to pay their fees, plus the bidder has to pay 17 percent of their bid to uship so it may be high on bids.
You may call a local broker near you and see if they have a driver needing backhaul which will be cheaper.

You can also try RoadRunner transportation as they are in Memphis and have stepdeck trailers.

Since its a runner you may consult 98G on a driving it out to you to save you some money.

Thank you very much for this info! I appreciate you spending the time to break it down for me. I just need more $$ now!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thank you very much for this info! I appreciate you spending the time to break it down for me. I just need more $$ now!
Even driving it at 6mpg you are under 1000 in fuel but a wrecker bill is 400 min on a breakdown plua spare tires for blowouts plus your plane ticket out. Or driving 3 days here and back with a chase car it adds up quick. Flatbed rates are 1.80 to 2.50 a mile right now depending on whats going where.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks