• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shock on suspension seat question

Olly

Hi, I have a question about the shoscks on the suspension seats.... I recently purchased a pair and I thought they were locked like regular shocks ( where you twist them out and they extend ) and they didn't extend, in fact I had to pull them out and then they didn't rebound which I believe most shocks do at least any I've delt with.... so I looked at my two seats and it appears like they do.... so did I get a bad pair of shocks or are they not suppose to rebound?
Thanks for any help in this matter.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your seat have a spring and a shock? If it has a spring that will provide the return.
Some types of shock absorbers provide damping in both directions with a fluid port restriction. They do not rebound by themselves.
Original Deuce front axle shocks are an example of this.
I do not know if you have the correct ones.

Olly

Does your seat have a spring and a shock? If it has a spring that will provide the return.
Some types of shock absorbers provide damping in both directions with a fluid port restriction. They do not rebound by themselves.
Original Deuce front axle shocks are an example of this.
I do not know if you have the correct ones.
Thanks for the reply and I get what you're saying about the deuce front. The seat does have a spring, and the nsn says its for a five ton so then it must be functioning....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks