• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shock poll

What shock is the best choice for my Duece?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mich6212

So I have determined that I am down to two shock choices for the Deuce. Either the Monroe part number 34787 or 66903. I have done the searching but still cannot make up my mind for different reasons. Help me decide. please.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Install one of each, and see if you can feel a difference.

mich6212

Are most people just replacing these with NOS from suppliers? Lots of views but only 4 votes so far. Need more votes or opinions please!

I chose the yellow ones but painted them olive (drab) and I like them much better now.
The ride and handling is superior with green shocks.

sandcobra164

The lack of votes probably indicates that most people, myself included, have likely never changed the shocks. I don't even think the spring pack compresses over bumps on road in the front with the way mine feels. Maybe I need shocks as well!!!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What SC said....

Do shocks on big trucks really do anything? Unless you load the truck, I doubt the suspension moves much. At least thats what my butt tells me.

Blueduce

I was considering new shocks when my front end was giving me some trouble. Glad I didn't. Come to find out a front end alignment, 3% shims and replacing the rubber shock spacers did the trick. Let us know which ones you decide on and how they work

PsycoBob

Shocks? I probably need to replace the one in my spring-base seat, but I'm not sure the front-axle ones aren't just cosmetic.

Off-road racing game commercial, from a few years back:
Mechanic: "... straightened the frame, changed the oil & replaced brake pads & rotors."
Driver: "Wait, this thing has brakes?"

rolling18

I don't think they really do a whole lot on an unloaded truck... Also in your pool question you should say what the differences are between the 2 shocks?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the shocks on my M109A3 need to be replaced... i think any way. I should take them off to check how they feel. That truck really bounces more than my M35A2. I dont drive the truck that much to get shocks for it. I should buy some new ones, put them on my M35A2, and put the ones from the M35A2 on the M109A3, so I get new ones. I think they do do something on these trucks. Maybe the weight of the M109 Box contributes to the bouncy feeling. Also the LDS in the M109, i can feel the front end move up and down from the power. different feeling than the M35A2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks