• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shocks -Best Bang for least $$$

ssdvc

Money is tight, like that's a big secret !!!

Anyway, a few things have come up and left me a little "cash challenged" for a few weeks That said, I still need to do a few things to the 1009. I just did the Doghead mod, but I really need shocks.

I know there has been some discussion on this already :deadhorse: , but what should I get (part number) that will last a while and give me a good ride without breaking the bank.

All input is welcome. Thanks.

Terracoma

My truck is an M1008, but I purchased and installed a set of the Monroe Gas-Magnum shocks during the last rebate (buy three, get one free), and I think they're a good shock for a rig that does mostly pavement pounding. They're definitely not Bilsteins, but they're less than half the price and will suit a stock truck just fine.

Monroe has another rebate going on right now, should get you into a set of four shocks fairly cheap, but you'll have to order before tomorrow night.

2cents

cucv1833

Money is tight, like that's a big secret !!!

Anyway, a few things have come up and left me a little "cash challenged" for a few weeks That said, I still need to do a few things to the 1009. I just did the Doghead mod, but I really need shocks.

I know there has been some discussion on this already :deadhorse: , but what should I get (part number) that will last a while and give me a good ride without breaking the bank.

All input is welcome. Thanks.

Do you have a local 4x4 offroad shop near by? I went to my local shop and they gave me a pair for dirt cheap that they took off a vehicle. People take brand new vehicles in and strip off the stock stuff to put new lifts on and most of the take off parts go to waste. I got Rancho shocks from them i think it was $20 for 2 and must have came off a ford FX4 i dont know.

Last edited:

allenhillview

Custom Stock m1008

just like to know what to buy for fit on my m1008 in the shock dept. k/20 or k/30 or is front different than going all the way with k/30 .......loops in both ends for mount or spacers on one end there're showing different at the shops online ..ect?:oops::?

allenhillview

Shock Length front & rear

Hey guys everyone ok out there? My deal is this ....k/30 front and rear right? does anyone know calasped lengths and extended lengths front and rear?...Also i'm stock form on height no lift. Thanks Allenhillview I'm asking the question weather to use k/30 not that i'm going to put them there , no i'm not going to run rears up front!

Last edited:
Cucvnut, have you run into any situations offroad where the longer rear shocks on the front bottomed out at full compression during extreme articulation due to the extra length? just wondered if there were any negative trade off along with the benefits.

rikkitikkitavi

So who can recommend a better load carrying shock for the rear of the 1009? I put standard NAPA shocks on and while it is better than before, the rear is way too wishy washy especially with the roof rack loaded and 4 adults and gear.....Billsteins? Air Shocks??

Rikki

bugei

i have had great results with the rancho 9000 series shocks. they are 9 position adjustable, so you can tame almost anything down with out going the hard core custom tuned shock route.

looks like jcwhitney has a killer deal on them Rancho Suspension RS9000XL ADJUSTABLE SHOCK - JCWhitney

i am mostly a ford and jeep guy, so i can't give you partnumbers or cross references, but for $39 a piece this should get you pretty far.

btw, don't worry about their in cab adjuster, not worth the $ or an unnessecary point of failure

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

i have had great results with the rancho 9000 series shocks. they are 9 position adjustable, so you can tame almost anything down with out going the hard core custom tuned shock route.

looks like jcwhitney has a killer deal on them Rancho Suspension RS9000XL ADJUSTABLE SHOCK - JCWhitney

i am mostly a ford and jeep guy, so i can't give you partnumbers or cross references, but for $39 a piece this should get you pretty far.

btw, don't worry about their in cab adjuster, not worth the $ or an unnessecary point of failure
Looks like the deal is over.:???:

This product is guaranteed to fit or work with your 1986 Chevrolet K30 or your money back. No questions asked.
Guaranteed to Fit

Your complete satisfaction is our #1 priority, so you can be confident the products listed below are GUARANTEED to fit your vehicle! But if for any reason an item just doesn't measure up, simply return it to us for a full refund or exchange within 90 days of receipt...no questions asked.

• Priced from:$105.99Sold individually
  • Shipping: See Item Details Tab
  • Availability:See Item Details Tab

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks