• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shocktober wow's with Wolfer Parts or is it?

JetbikeAnt

Good morning Gents, A number of months back I purchased a set of 12K shocks from Wolfer. When they arrived they seemed to be of good quality, but no part numbers were stamped on the top outer shock for me to tell front from back so I called them. The Gent told me that they took the high and low dampening rate of the Military shocks and averaged them to produce these shocks. I told them I thought they were NOS and I knew they were not right. He said check back in 45 days which was the beginning of this month. I contacted them last week explaining the situation and they sent another set of shocks.

This new set has stickers on them. They are also dented and look nothing like AM General offerings. Their rubber bushings are also marked made in Mexico. LOL. I have attached some pictures for your review. Would you please have a look and give me your thoughts. Shocks are cheap right now and if I purchase the AM Gen offerings I cannot in good consonance sell these two sets to a fellow Steel Soldier. Once I have your thoughts I will decide what to do with Wolfer. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wolfer has been in the business, selling cheap chinese parts with high failure rates, for a very long time.

I can't find the posts, but I remember years ago reading about a company selling turbo "upgrade" kits for pickup trucks or cars or something like that, that were failing because they were chinese manufacture and very poor quality. I believe that was also Wolfer, or another name that the same people were going by.

Don't trust any company that uses phrases like "US Govt. Approved" or outrageous claims that "we strengthened the part by 25%"

Reading through many of their parts listings they try to claim the part is a major upgrade from the OEM one, which immediately tells you that it is NOT OEM or OEM approved, as it no longer matches the specifications of the OEM part.

JetbikeAnt

Wolfer has been saying things like 12K heavy duty shocks and gives the correct part numbers. That's how they got me. They did not say NOS, but they did not say aftermarket of 3rd party either. I was so happy they were replacing the shocks I gave them a small order. It's the two lights for the A2 Trans. TC Lock and Trans. I have attached a few pics as well. It looks the the TC Lock is fake to me due to the shade of green and the wire numbers. Its in a sealed pack and I did not want to take it our as it is going back. The Trans is more believable to me, but its sticky around the casing where the part number is stamped. Please have a look at these and share your thoughts. I should have named this thread show and tell!

IMG_0964.jpgIMG_0965.jpgIMG_0966.jpg

SgtJay88

Struggling to find a steel hard top for my deuce. Found wolfer parts on ebay and trying to check them out I'm not sure they're legit. 🤔 glad I found this thread.

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at hmmwv parts listed on Alibaba. You’d be surprised how much knock off garbage is listed when you search “hmmwv”. I’m sure it’s where a lot of these vendors get this garbage.
Exactly! I posted somewhere in the past links from Chinese companies selling fake Wilwood brake pads for $5-15 each, like the one below:

Just like with all the fake Chinese HMMWV parts online, it doesn't say anywhere Made in China, totally deceitful...whoever sells it, imagine someone crashing because of those brakes.....we should keep a sticky list of vendors that sell HMMWV Chinese parts to save everyone potentially huge headaches, time and money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks