• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shopping List to Restore Deep Water Ford System

diesel_dave

Someone sent me a PM and said it would be helpful if I could provide the list of parts I had to purchase to restore the deep water fording system after GP gutted some pieces of it for whatever stupid reason they do that. So in case it is helpful to anyone, here is what I had to purchase to return my truck to a 100% functional DWF system:

1x 12339845 - CUP DEEP WATER FORDING SENSOR (check to see if yours was removed by GP, some aren't apparently but mine was)
1x 12340260 - VALVE CDR DEEP WATER FORDING (special DWF CDR valve that goes on top of your engine that GP removed during de-mil)
1x 12340332 - HOSE CDR VALVE TO OILFILLER TUBE (only needed if yours was shredded by GP like mine was)
1x 12460549 - HOSE CDR VALVE TO AIR INT 6.5LTD (mine was in okay shape but I replaced it anyways since I was already replacing the other CDR hose)
2x 11608950-5 - CLAMP HOSE (1.5/.62) RADIATOR (hose clamps for the oil hoses that you may or may not need depending on the state of your particular truck)
1x 12339109 - NAMEPLATE DASH DEEP WATER FORDING (just the black label that says "vent" and "deep ford" on it)
1x 12340524 - VALVE DEEP WATER SELECTOR 3PORT (this is the selector valve that GP sloppily cut out of your truck with an angle grinder)
1x 12339978 - TUBE VENTLINE AIR CLEANER (one of the three hose fittings you will need for the DWF selector valve, goes in middle of the valve)
1x 12339964-1 - TUBE VENTLINE AIR CLEANER (another of the three hose fittings, goes on top of valve)
1x 12339983 - FITTING 90 DEG MALE CONNECTOR (last of the three hose fittings, goes on the bottom of the valve)
~15' of 1/4" rubber hose (I used 2x 10' sections of rubber fuel hose that I got at Lowe's https://www.lowes.com/pd/EZ-FLO-1-4-in-Inner-Diameter-x-10-ft-Rubber-Fuel-Hose/1000180619 and it worked perfectly to connect the sensor cup to the CDR valve and the CDR valve to the selector valve)

Those are the major components you will most likely need to source not including some of the fasteners you will need. My truck had everything else still installed already. It already had the extended intake, extended exhaust and most of the vent line tubing was intact. The fasteners for the sensor cup were already in place so I didn't need to source those and I'm not sure what the size of those bolts are. I am not 100% sure of the bolt size that holds the CDR valve to the mounting bracket but I think it was 2x 1/4-20 1.5" bolts, but I may be wrong. I used 2x 1/4-20 .75" bolts, nuts and washers to mount the selector valve to the dash. I also used a few small hose clamps for the 1/4" rubber hose. Every truck will probably be a little different depending on the person that demilatrized your particular truck so this list is by no means exhaustive, it was just what I needed for my truck. You may find that you need or don't need a few things that aren't on this list.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. I just did this and I am happy to help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks