• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should be required reading for every Deuce driver

rdixiemiller

The problem with leaving a diesel in gear is as follows: If it is bumped by another vehicle, it can start up and take off! A roll grinding shop here in Carrollton bump started a diesel F-350 ( older model with fuel shutoff cable) in the shop. They were loading a 3000# steel roll on the back of the bed with a forklift when the truck started off in first gear. Went out the roll up door, without opening it first. Made it all the way across the parking lot before they caught it and shut it down. Quite exciting!
That is the reason, according to an old Marine I work with.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always leave the fuel in the shut off position. I even put the transfer case in neutral. My 3 yr old can start the truck without assistance so I have to be careful how I leave it. He can't open the doors yet but I watch him around the truck and I know he's trying to figure out a way to get them open.

cten

Hey, I did read that part of the manual.

Wish I just took some time to read the part on changing a tire out.

Man, it is suppose to hit 50 today...

Well off to find an E Break cable.

Regards,

Westech

CPL
when I was 3 I popped my dad's chevy C-10 out of gear and it rolled down the street into a yard. Not a big deal but you get the 3 year old behind the wheel of a running m35 and O BOY look out lol I can only think of a 6x6 busted throu the floor and in to someones basement. :freaked: I know the kids around my house play all over that thing when Im not around, time to fix it up some how so that does not happen. :freaked:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks