• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should i add dominator trak system to humvee?

996owner2021

Since I have an on road title for my humvee and recently became aware that trak systems are road legal and am curious if anyone has done this? Fun ride? Will it increase value?

Thanks

HDN

I wouldn't put tracks on it unless I was using it off-road a lot. Tracks tend to require more maintenance than wheels. I'd think most people looking to buy a HMMWV would prefer wheels for simplicity, plus I imagine it would be easier to source tires than tracks for something like that.

I type this not knowing much about the Dominator tracks, but I have worked on my dad's halftrack and have read up a bit about tanks and their track systems.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I wouldn't put tracks on it unless I was using it off-road a lot. Tracks tend to require more maintenance than wheels. I'd think most people looking to buy a HMMWV would prefer wheels for simplicity, plus I imagine it would be easier to source tires than tracks for something like that.

I type this not knowing much about the Dominator tracks, but I have worked on my dad's halftrack and have read up a bit about tanks and their track systems.
A lot of folks with hmmwvs have more money than sense. They only last 10k Miles so let em blow it on something

996owner2021

Sounds good to me. I sense a chip on the shoulder....
And to add one more thing to that comment; if the truck only has 22000 on motor over 30 years and I drive maybe 100 to 200 miles every six months, lol, these things should last atleast another decade or two....perfect. also, these are t
Not hardly. I wish they would crush everyone they ever released like it was intended.
If that's your opinion.... Great. But prob doesn't go over well on this forum.

996owner2021

And to add one more thing to that comment; if the truck only has 22000 on motor over 30 years and I drive maybe 100 to 200 miles every six months, lol, these things should last atleast another decade or two....perfect. also, these are t

Well lol, and I mean this with all due disrespect, if they crush them all, what are guys like me with apparently more money than sense going to do?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

It does on the HMMWVs cause they have caused lots of issues for registration, titling of other MVs in the hobby simply due to their off road designation this has effected other trucks that weren't effected by it into total bans of all MVs in some places.

And no it won't. Not driving it Is worse than driving it everyday. I often put 1000 to 1200mi a day on several different MVs they become more reliable with use. Why do you think so many get deadlined for drill days from sitting Around all the time.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Since I have an on road title for my humvee and recently became aware that trak systems are road legal and am curious if anyone has done this? Fun ride? Will it increase value?
As my old redneck buddy use to say "it's your dog and you can whoop it if you want to."
If you have the money to buy those tracks and to repair any damage incurred while using them go for it.
I drove HUMVEE's in the Army.
You could not run fast enough to give me one.
They were designed by a team of idiots after consulting with a group of morons.
They were manufactured by the lowest bidder making the maximum profit while being built in some career politicians district.
Reliability and ease of repair was never considered.
If I had a brother in a HUMVEE and a sister in a cathouse I'd get my brother out first.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As my old redneck buddy use to say "it's your dog and you can whoop it if you want to."
If you have the money to buy those tracks and to repair any damage incurred while using them go for it.
They were manufactured by the lowest bidder making the maximum profit while being built in some career politicians district.
If I had a brother in a HUMVEE and a sister in a cathouse I'd get my brother out first.
You speak the amazing TRUTH about most equipment built for the military!

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a set of Mattracks on a Hummer H1 and it did not work out well. The truck was a little too heavy for the track setup. It might work on a stripped down two door HUMVEE but I had lots of issues. A couple of times the track rotated and jammed into the wheel well. It also did get stuck in the snow and made extraction more difficult as they really resist any sideways movement at all.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that is your attitude then why are you cruising the Humvee forum?

Reactions: HDN

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If that is your attitude then why are you cruising the Humvee forum?
Don't have to cruise anything. All threads for the site pop up under new posts which some of us see as our home page. I don't go into any specific forums hardly ever to search for specific threads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks