• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should I be worried about not having done doghead relay?

nyvram

Let me explain:

The diesel mechanic who used to own it his a little rubber button on the driver's side that starts the CUCV.

We just turn the key in the ignition to turn the vehicle on and warm the glow plugs.

It always starts within 1 second when we push the button but I have no idea what he did here.

cpf240

You'll need to verify how it is wired first. The DH relay mod is an attempt to address the issue of the, shall we say, less robust relay from the factory. So, if your push button is still using the relay, then it could still suffer from the stuck relay issue. If it bypasses the relay, then there would be no point in doing the DH mod. Start tracing wires and let us know what you find!

cucvrus

My guess is it has no relay. The Dog-less relay. I have started wrecks like that already by touching the 2 purple wires ???together. Should not hurt anything if that is what you want. Cars and trucks had that direct start wiring for years before they put relays in. You just pushed a pedal on the floor and that engaged the starter directly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks