• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

should i buy a 2.5 or 5 ton truck?

justin22885

I've been putting more thought into my needs and right now I'm learning towards not getting either one. There just isn't much power on the deuce, the M923 is far too heavy for most my needs and for the amount of money I would sink into either vehicle to really be able to do what I want I could just build something entirely custom.

If I do decide to build an offroad motorhome I will probably start with an on-road cargo truck like an isuzu, fuso, volvo, ford, or other cabover box van and convert it for off-road usage. But I believe I will probably focus my time into either buying an older airstream and modifying that for offroad travel, or get a 20-25 foot trailer frame and build my own more rugged trailer with that meaning I only need a vehicle that can pull well.

I still really like deuce a lot, I think it is a very cool vehicle. I just think it would be too hard for me to justify buying one right now with everything it would take to bring it to a point where it is actually useful to me for the things I need in a vehicle