• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should I check anything else before i drop my fuel tank?

cucvrus

Wild Dog apparently is a local product, a commercial grade of cleaner like purple power. Sorry it took so long to get back, just saw your post.
M1008 fuel tank:
Spectra Premium Fuel Tank 20 gallons. Lock ring included with tank Made in Canada under QS-9000 and ISO 9002
Part # GM1B $99. 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Sending unit for above tank:
Spectra Premium Fuel Tank Sending Unit. Complete assembly warranted for 1 year. Part # FG05K $69.99

M1009
25 gal
Part #GM15B - $129.99
31 gal
Part # GM14B - $99.99

These are all Autozone parts and are available nationally. I posted this because I was asked to and to help you resolve fuel tank issues in an efficient low cost. I am aware Plastic fuel tanks are available. I am only helping to save you time and money. If I am correct and I remember that these trucks had Spectra fuel tanks from the factory. I know the OEM fuel tanks were made in Canada. I hope I help at least one person. I have done my job. I can hardly remove a rusty tank and clean it for the less then $200. replacement price.

Last edited by a moderator:

the skull

Well I had no idea that stuff was that cheap, we should get one or 2 to have
around just in case. Before they become discontinued? Do the sending units
make the fuel gauge act better or at least predictable????

cucvrus

I have several CUCV's and all the fuel gauges work. So I don't know about the issues that others talk about them being unreliable. If the fuel gauge don't work and gives me any issues. i replace the sending unit or the cluster gauge. I have also cleaned up grounds and checked wiring that was cut and shorted out. Good Luck. I would say yes. And i just put one tank back in with out the fuel sock on the end of the pick up. i think the fuel filter will pick up any debris/dirt. Do as you wish. it is a secondary filter and I could not get one and at the customers request I installed it with out the sock. He said he talked to the injection pump shop and they told him to eliminate the sock. OK????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks