• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should I check anything else before i drop my fuel tank?

cucvrus

Wild Dog apparently is a local product, a commercial grade of cleaner like purple power. Sorry it took so long to get back, just saw your post.
M1008 fuel tank:
Spectra Premium Fuel Tank 20 gallons. Lock ring included with tank Made in Canada under QS-9000 and ISO 9002
Part # GM1B $99. 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Sending unit for above tank:
Spectra Premium Fuel Tank Sending Unit. Complete assembly warranted for 1 year. Part # FG05K $69.99

M1009
25 gal
Part #GM15B - $129.99
31 gal
Part # GM14B - $99.99

These are all Autozone parts and are available nationally. I posted this because I was asked to and to help you resolve fuel tank issues in an efficient low cost. I am aware Plastic fuel tanks are available. I am only helping to save you time and money. If I am correct and I remember that these trucks had Spectra fuel tanks from the factory. I know the OEM fuel tanks were made in Canada. I hope I help at least one person. I have done my job. I can hardly remove a rusty tank and clean it for the less then $200. replacement price.

Last edited by a moderator:

the skull

Well I had no idea that stuff was that cheap, we should get one or 2 to have
around just in case. Before they become discontinued? Do the sending units
make the fuel gauge act better or at least predictable????

cucvrus

I have several CUCV's and all the fuel gauges work. So I don't know about the issues that others talk about them being unreliable. If the fuel gauge don't work and gives me any issues. i replace the sending unit or the cluster gauge. I have also cleaned up grounds and checked wiring that was cut and shorted out. Good Luck. I would say yes. And i just put one tank back in with out the fuel sock on the end of the pick up. i think the fuel filter will pick up any debris/dirt. Do as you wish. it is a secondary filter and I could not get one and at the customers request I installed it with out the sock. He said he talked to the injection pump shop and they told him to eliminate the sock. OK????