• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should I do it?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
This sure does look like the blown block AF truck E22 suggested. Something is funny about the advertized milage if it has been driven 160miles, but still has the same milage from the auction.
Event 2912 Lot 7751

AM GENERAL CORP, 2 1/ 2 TON CARGO TRUCK, DROPSIDE, 6X6, MODEL M35A2C, WITH TARP & BOWS, ODOM 09764. 8, HOURS 0389. 2, TIRES GOOD, BUYER LOADS, HAS HOLE IN BOTTOM OF LDT-465 ENGINE BLOCK (SEE PICS), BUYER LOADS, NO FORKLIFT ASSISTANCE AVAIL, ITEM LOCATED IN MT HOME AFB, IDAHO

Attachments

DanMartin

Yeah...that's probably the one! Awesome hole! I'll have to ask Alex if it's the same truck.

Note that the mileage was probably when he posted it for sale after the engine went in...I'm sure it's got more on it now because it's been driven around a bit. I hear nothing but good things about those guys out at Idaho Motor Pool, so I'm not worried. it's still a darn nice looking truck.

rockman

That is one serious hole in the block. any ideas what caused it? operator error?

I am slowly getting used to seeing the tan trucks...

Hope to replace another boot this weekend as the last one split in about a month so I am getting good at it..

Bill in TN

DanMartin

Sweet truck Emmado!

Thanks for the item...I'll try to shoot something back to you in appreciation.

I'm going to call up Alex today and ask about the winch and pioneer tools. Looking at the pics, it also does not appear to have a spare mounted...gotta fix that!

Dan

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, a spare is a necessity... Dont leave Idaho Motor Pool without it!

And also theb bare minimum tools to change it. Jack, lug nut wrench, ect.

Also, you may want to ask him (or you do it while your there, make sure the lug nuts arent frozen on... A flat while driving home and a frozen lug nut will be NO fun, especially with your long drive!

Also, make sure he knows and tops off the brake fluid with DOT 5. Not 5.1, not 3, DOT 5 only.. And YOU need to double check it before leaving out. I personally dont care WHO checked it not 2 seconds before, I make sure I check and double check the brake fluid level. Because it's YOUR butt inside the cab at 55MPH, and thats a bad time to find out you have no brakes cause the fuild is low.....

Keep the questions coming!

Michael

Looks like they bought it for $1400. If you pull up a current auction and then cut and past an old auction number in you can get the old auction list. You can then click on the picture and still see all nine pictures they had of the truck.

AM GENERAL CORP, 2 1/ 2 TON CARGO TRUCK, DROPSIDE, 6X6, MODEL M35A2C, WITH TARP & BOWS, ODOM 09764. 8, HOURS 0389. 2, TIRES GOOD, BUYER LOADS, HAS HOLE IN BOTTOM OF ENGINE BLOCK (SEE PICS), BUYER LOADS, NO FORKLIFT ASSISTANCE AVAIL, ITEM LOCATED IN MT HOME AFB, IDAHO 7751 AM GENERAL CORP, 2 1/ 2 TON CARGO TRUCK, DROPSIDE, 6X6, MODEL M35A2C, WITH TARP & BOWS, ODOM 09764. 8, HOURS 0389. 2, TIRES GOOD, BUYER LOADS, HAS HOLE IN BOTTOM OF ENGINE BLOCK (SEE PICS), BUYER LOADS, NO FORKLIFT ASSISTANCE AVAIL, ITEM LOCATED IN MT HOME AFB, IDAHO
Has a Photo Bidding Restrictions Apply Tax Forms for this State Get a Quote
1 $ 1,400.00 ID,
Mountain Home AFB

PREVIEW INFO... Preview by appointment only
LOADOUT INFO... Load by appointment only within 14 days of a paid in full invoice
06/22/2007 06/26/2007
05:00 PM ET

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
No they paid more then $1400, but I kind of left the final price out on purpose. If the buyer DanMartin wants it I will be happy to pass it on, and he can post it or whatever.

DanMartin

Haha...thanks guys. Honestly I'm not worried about the original price...the history of the vehicle is more interesting to me than the money. Maybe I didn't get a "deal" but it's a solid truck with new paint and a fresh engine and my knuckles aren't bloody....not a bad situation.

Thanks for all the great replies...you guys are awesome.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Final bid price on it was $2,622.99 + 10% and taxes...

Considering the new motor, paint job, transpo, EUC waiting time, and whatever else Idaho may have done, the price Dan is paying for that particular truck with those few miles, it is a good deal. Dan gets a turn key truck... Heck, whats the price for an oil change and new coolant if you do it yourself, just for the filters and fluids???

Plus I imagine if Dan finds anything else wrong with it when he picks it up from Idaho MP, he has some sort of recourse.. Which is ALOT better than the recourse with GL, which we all know there isnt any. GL sure wont provide a spare tire or whatever else Dan negotiates with Idaho MP...

Idaho is a dealer, he makes $ on his sales.. Just like every other business out there, mine included...

For a first time deuce buyer, Dan found a really nice truck, a good dealer, and a great website he can come get educated on the ways of OD Iron on... :) What else could you ask for?

Michael

Kind of interesting that GL is saving early versions of these file. I used the same trick on a sale I won something on and it seems to be from the first or second day of the event.

You used to be able to get a List of successful bidders from DRMO but I have never be able to figer out how to do it with GL.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Michael since we have a very tenuous ability to access old info like this along with GL constant goal of screwing us over and over I would suggest that you don't discuss this openly, and maybe even remove the info. My methods off access are different then your, but we don't need to lose any. This way we can help ourselves and others in the future quietly. We are not the only ones that can read this.

Dieselsmoke

rockman said:
Real nice truck.....

I can't figure out this other one and if you can modify the front end to look normal?
This was a civilian one piece fiberglass tilt front end that was available back in the 80s along with different top and windshield assembly. I used to see them all over in colrado, lots of construction companies used them and had this front end installed on them.
As for Idaho Motor Pool, Alex is defiinitely a great guy to deal with and will take care of you.