• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should i go with Green or Camo on a m1009

Which paint job should i go with on m1009?

• 3 color Camo complete repaint

Votes: 93 66.9%
  • Green

Votes: 46 33.1%

• Total voters

littlebob

Camo, I thinks that's how they were originally issued. It's not that hard to do with the patterns, they were available her
one time. If you can't find them, I can scan and send you some. I did some M151's 20 yrs ago and it wasn't to hard. We
some with a touch-up gun and some with rattlecans.

ryan77

Camo, I thinks that's how they were originally issued. It's not that hard to do with the patterns, they were available her
one time. If you can't find them, I can scan and send you some. I did some M151's 20 yrs ago and it wasn't to hard. We
some with a touch-up gun and some with rattlecans.

I got it covered ive done several in Camo im just looking for what you guys think looks better!

ryan77

Found a original build sheet from gm for my m1028 it has camo listed as the color! So they must have been camo from gm!

tnttnt187

ryan77, This is what I did. I mostly use this truck for hunting. Ryan it's sounds like your going to sell the truck in the future so maybe all green, then someone can camo the way they want or not.

idM1028

Saw some guys in Colorado do a desert camo job. They used the "old" camo pattern and it looks super sweet!!! just my 2cents
There's one in one of the motorpools here that's just painted straight tan. Looks like all the other trucks that go to/are in the sandbox. I say camo. Mines straight green and I've toyed with the idea of repainting it camo. I've heard if you print off the camo pattern from the TM on a thin piece of paper and put it on an overhead projector (not the ones that you hook up to computer. The old ones from when you were still in high school) and project it onto the truck while you're painting it turns out pretty well.

Drabbed Out

I have a white 1009 too but with some flaking paint and I was wondering how much prep you did and if you used the sherwin williams paint and how thin did you mix it. I am in the process of hand sanding with 100 grit and it sucks!!! Any advice would be great I want to have it painted in the next week or two. Thanks, Adam

ryan77

I have a white 1009 too but with some flaking paint and I was wondering how much prep you did and if you used the sherwin williams paint and how thin did you mix it. I am in the process of hand sanding with 100 grit and it sucks!!! Any advice would be great I want to have it painted in the next week or two. Thanks, Adam
Yes i used the sherwin williams carc paint i think it looks the best
Mix it one part paint 1/2 part activator and 1/4 distilled water! I sanded it with 100 grit and painted!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks