• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shouldered Winch Bolts Source?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have SEARCHED, I have printed the pages out of the -34P and I ran the NSN and part number through google. I have the characteristics data for the bolts (left and right) but I haven't found a place to buy them! If someone has purchased these lately, can you tell me where and maybe what part number you used?

My buddy can run the NIIN through a supply search later and I will be faxing the data I have to Fastenal, but if there is a faster way to get these on order I would love to hear it.

Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried the manufacturer, listed in the NSN info? Your gonna need the correct thicknesswashers also.

jasonjc

I got a set or two off ebay alast year. They looked like he made them or had them made. I.E. truned down a bigger bolt too the right size. He may of had to get a bunch done and sold the rest?. Have you tryed mephis by chance?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dug, what exactly did you "search" for? I just did a search for "winch bolt" and found the info you wanted, after only reading about 12-15 threads. Took almost 10 minutes.:razz:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/53813-post9.html

The thread was interesting, you might want to read it all. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/6224-adding-winch-non-winch-truck.html#post53813
I searched "Shouldered winch bolt". I also have a 9 minute attention span. Thank you for your assistance.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's that easy Cali lifestyle!:razz:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's probably on the Navy NMCI internet where it takes 40 minutes to start the computer too.:roll:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dug, what exactly did you "search" for? I just did a search for "winch bolt" and found the info you wanted, after only reading about 12-15 threads. Took almost 10 minutes.:razz:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/53813-post9.html

The thread was interesting, you might want to read it all. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/6224-adding-winch-non-winch-truck.html#post53813
Of course the phone number from the 3 year old thread is now a fax number. I'll try faxing in a request to see if they are still in business. I also faxed everything I have to my local Fastenal dealer and my supply buddy is looking into it as well. If I find an easy way to buy them I'll be sure to pass that info on.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call SECO in Augusta they have a few hundred deuces spread out in the woods. Better yet would be to get someone going to the GA rally to swing over and get them.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I found a used set for 144 dollars. My gawd, are they worth that?

cbvet

Just noticed this thread. Are you guys talking about the bolts that go through the frame extensions & into the winch?
On my M35 they're not 'shoulder" bolts with a thread diameter smaller than the bolt shank, they're just bolts that are only partially threaded.
And I know those are available at NAPA.
Am I missing something?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call SECO in Augusta they have a few hundred deuces spread out in the woods. Better yet would be to get someone going to the GA rally to swing over and get them.

Jim - Thanks! They have one side in stock. The salesman doesn't understand why they don't have the other side showing in his system so he is going to check with the shop in the morning and see what they are using in the trucks they rebuild.

So after a few hundred phone calls I'm almost there. :)

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just noticed this thread. Are you guys talking about the bolts that go through the frame extensions & into the winch?
On my M35 they're not 'shoulder" bolts with a thread diameter smaller than the bolt shank, they're just bolts that are only partially threaded.
And I know those are available at NAPA.
Am I missing something?
The are a special shouldered bolt. Not availible at NAPA or just about anywhere else. Even the Fastenal guy gave up. Jim has me on the right track now, I'm sure I'll come up with them in a few days.

cbvet

Okay, now I'm a little concerned.
In preparation for installing a winch on my M35A2, I pulled a couple of the bolts from my M35 winch to get the sizes. They were just common "short thread" bolts as I described above. So I bought them at NAPA.
Could someone post dimensions of the correct bolts? I'd sure appreciate it. I may have to change bolts in both winches I guess, but the M35 winch currently works fine.
Oh heck! I just remembered that the Deuce I bought recently has a winch on it. I'll see what it's got.

USMC6062

What about using a grade 8 bolt that is the right length and thread size, then have sleeves made that slide over them to create the shouldered part. The shoulder just fits through the winch bracket and into the sides of the winch housing, making them into locating pins sorta.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks