• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

RDUKW

WW2 Cleaver Brooks Amphibious trailer.
Towed behind DUKW's

First picture is my project and the second picture is what it is supposed to look like.

Ryan

tom2147

Bought my first military trailer from an add on craigslist. Its the one in my avatar picture. A little confused as to its type, the data plate on the frame says m116a3 but its an a2 bed and has the same size tires as my m1008. Oh well whaever it is its in excellent condition and I like it :)

srodocker

mine has a extra pack of springs on it. like from a m200. i'll have to take a closer pic next time im near my trailer. its at a buddies house right now as im waiting to close on my first house!

THE_TITAN

funny how cabs are getting bigger and the beds are getting smaller on trucks. Nice trailer.
Yeah I tried to find a CC Long Bed with the options I wanted and they were like a needle in a haystack. LWB Titans are special order only pretty much because no dealers stocked them. Finding one with the 10,000LB tow package and loaded was almost impossible. That is why I bought this trailer, so I can haul more firewood and gravel etc..

Pawnshop

Yeah I tried to find a CC Long Bed with the options I wanted and they were like a needle in a haystack. LWB Titans are special order only pretty much because no dealers stocked them. Finding one with the 10,000LB tow package and loaded was almost impossible. That is why I bought this trailer, so I can haul more firewood and gravel etc..
An M101A2 IS the answer to the question, possibly the most useful military trailer in civilian hands!

indy4x4fab

Banned
Update, on my m105a2, just finished the first two coats of paint to the trailer about 0500 this morning. I have installed an old HF crane that has served me well, with a warn 3700 lb winch that I put together out of two bad ones atop the crane. I when with Rust-oleum dark hunter green for the floor and up the sides of the trailer for the simple fact this trailers going to be a work / camp / haul all trailer, and I wanted a color that would look good with the O.D. Green paint but wouldn't stand out to badly, but also be quick and ease to touch up that I could find and get any where. All that's left is to put the third and final layer of paint on in about a week. I left the bowes carc 383 because the only time any one will see them is while I'm taking them off or while the back covers rolled up, that and they are almost new, too. Still need finish painting the over laying O.D. Green over the top six inches all the way around on the inside of the box, but shouldn't be much longer before she's ready for the m818 recovery. Still need to find an wood land camo cover tho.

Attachments

Last edited:

maplehillfrm

here is one of my m116 genny trailers, I use around the farm, mostly pulled with the tractors, and my ford f250,,, I love these trailers for firewood out of the woods,, teh 105's & 103's work good for stacking the wood after its out of the woods,,, too big to get around on the trails.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks