• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

NH Stumpy

I had no intention of getting a trailer at all....until I bought anf F-350 cab and chassis that I had to put a bed on. The truck has 9ft rails. M105a2? 9ft. A friend had just the bed, not trailer for sale. It is now installed on my truck...and I freakin' love it!! This is what sparked my interest in a trailer. I found my trailer local for $550. Worked for me as I didn't have to chase anywhere to get it. It came with sides, no bows or canvas. My madness behind my method is being able to use the sides, bows, and canvas on my truck bed as well as on the trailer.

I plan to convert the brakes to a surge style and make it a dump trailer...we'll see. Anyhow, here are pics of my bed, truck, and my M105a2truckbed1_zps73cbeb6e.jpgnewford5_zpsddfb03eb.jpgm105a2_zps814f7476.jpg

I had no intention of getting a trailer at all....until I bought anf F-350 cab and chassis that I had to put a bed on. The truck has 9ft rails. M105a2? 9ft. A friend had just the bed, not trailer for sale. It is now installed on my truck...and I freakin' love it!! This is what sparked my interest in a trailer. I found my trailer local for $550. Worked for me as I didn't have to chase anywhere to get it. It came with sides, no bows or canvas. My madness behind my method is being able to use the sides, bows, and canvas on my truck bed as well as on the trailer.

I plan to convert the brakes to a surge style and make it a dump trailer...we'll see. Anyhow, here are pics of my bed, truck, and my M105a2View attachment 402022View attachment 402023View attachment 402024
I like it a lot! Very nice look.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting as you appear to have sides off an m105a3 (3 boards) on your a2? The older ones normally had 4 boards. I did not realize they were interchangeable.

Looks good on the truck!

NH Stumpy

I honestly didn't know the difference. They do fit quite tightly, but do line up with the stake pockets. I would like to find a complete set with the canvas at some point. Thanks for the info!

leeinmemphis

I purchased a beat up m416 last fall and have been working on it over the fall/winter. I fell from the trailer in October and had to have emergency back surgery for a bilaterally ruptured disc in my back. I am also picking up a M101a trailer next week and am planning on leaving it as close to military standard as possible. I haven't been tracking the hours involved in this project but it's at least a couple hundred hours so far. Still awaiting paint(need a few days of decent weather) and wheel bearings(should be in next week). I still have a tongue box to install but have it fully wired and ready to go. I'm trying to wait until after I can get the paint done to install it.

About 30 seconds after this photo was taken I fell and ruptured my back......I hope/pray to never have that kind of pain again. I lost the feeling/movement of my legs and we were worried that I may never walk again.

extended the lunette 3' to help clearance when hauling kayaks

leeinmemphis

Thanks 25. I was on the ladder when my disc ruptured and then I fell to the ground. I didn't fall and rupture my back.....still each time I work on the trailer it's always on my mind to watch my step.

Leeinmemphis very nice trailer. Please be careful working on that trailer, so you can use it. Keep up the good work

Lonekazoo

Lm-105

My soon-to-be camper/shelter. I was looking for an S280, but when I saw this, I realized that I could haul my motorcycles and gear in the back of the 923. It's a Craig Systems LM-105. The only info I have about it are pictures from some old ads from the 50's. The jacks flip up and the whole thing can be removed from the carriage. It's hard to tell how high it sits from the pictures, but for reference, the white Ford is a big F-450.

Before I found this thread, I created another topic about it--if anyone has seen one of these before, I'd like to hear about it.

View attachment 404415View attachment 404416View attachment 404417

Attachments

Last edited:

Lonekazoo

Lonezoo that thing is cool and solid. I've never seen one before, do you knw what it is towed behind?
Thanks! I'm guessing it's post-Korean era, so maybe towed by the m135 or xm211? It has Air Force markings inside, and I can just barely see something outside under the paint that looks like it might have been used for recruiting, says something like "See the world!" and a phone number. The thermostats on the HVAC unit inside look like 50's bakelite, so I think it's pretty old.

It sits a bit high for my m923a1 on 20x14.00's, I need to spin the lunette and it should be close to level.

Last edited:

jesusgatos

My soon-to-be camper/shelter. I was looking for an S280, but when I saw this, I realized that I could haul my motorcycles and gear in the back of the 923.
Cool! Just bought an M101A3 with an enclosure to use as a moto-hauler / mini-camper to tow behind our smaller trucks. Also have an M105A3 that I'm building a bigger enclosure for and that's going to serve as a mobile workshop / toy hauler that I'm going to drag around behind my M109.

Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 2.35.01 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 2.35.52 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 6.43.41 PM.jpg

Carlo

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks