• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

jesusgatos

Sure thing. I'll keep you guys posted. Have pretty much finished designing the enclosure. Only trying to decide how much I want to extend it. Definitely going to add two feet onto the rear, but am thinking about moving the axle back two feet and adding another two feet to the front of the box. All of the tools and most of the heavy stuff will be loaded up towards the front. I'm going to leave most of the space rear of the trailer open, so might not even bother extending the frame back to support the rear part of the box. But then... I'd really like to add a lift-gate of some sort.

Have a little while longer to think about it. Pouring a cement slab behind the garage so I'll have a nice flat area to lay-out all this tubing and build the enclosure.

Carlo

Sure thing. I'll keep you guys posted. Have pretty much finished designing the enclosure. Only trying to decide how much I want to extend it. Definitely going to add two feet onto the rear, but am thinking about moving the axle back two feet and adding another two feet to the front of the box. All of the tools and most of the heavy stuff will be loaded up towards the front. I'm going to leave most of the space rear of the trailer open, so might not even bother extending the frame back to support the rear part of the box. But then... I'd really like to add a lift-gate of some sort.

Have a little while longer to think about it. Pouring a cement slab behind the garage so I'll have a nice flat area to lay-out all this tubing and build the enclosure.
Your rig is first class!

91W350

Had a trailer come into the yard last night. Told the guy we really needed to save it from the crusher. I agreed to list it here for him. It sold so fast, not many got to see the photos! Glen

Attachments

admiralking

Who can help me solve a mystery? I just bought this MEP-005A 30 KW generator at auction and it comes with this trailer. Has anyone seen a trailer like this before or was this fabricated in the field? Look at the tower like lunette receiver on the tongue. It is missing the lunette. Does anyone know if a M105 trailer lunette will work?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360374308.402592.jpg

machinist75

Xtra tall m105a2

I finished welding up new longer uprights to the corner bows so I could mount my NOS "tall" cover. Going to put in some more horizontal slats above the front racks so the wind doesn't beat the front of the cover to death. Next is a coat of paint on the trailer.

Attachments

camp9

"COOL".... Your very own MML (Mobile Meat Locker) for deer season!!!

Was the refridgerant drained/evacuated?
Ya, definitely a MML :) According to the paperwork the refrigerant was been drained which is a bummer. I have another thread going on it and some of the members here have some r12, so when it warms up some more I'll get the mep003 going first, and then see if I can make the refer work.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya, definitely a MML :) According to the paperwork the refrigerant was been drained which is a bummer. I have another thread going on it and some of the members here have some r12, so when it warms up some more I'll get the mep003 going first, and then see if I can make the refer work.
I've always presumed that "drained fluids" was an "all or nothing" indicator. Either the equipment worked 100%, but was drained for "pickling purposes", OR the equipment was "TRASHED" so they harvested the fluids for recycling/environmental purposes before scrapping.

I look forward to hearing the outcome of your refer's "resurrection".

Darwin T

harleyhouse
I don't have it comericial. it needs a little TLC. IE, new wiring harnesses for the truck and trailer (if anyone can lead me in the right direction, this is not a parts request just a statement) and a new wheel cylinder on the truck. the guy I bought the truck from was about to run it across the scales and scrap it, i just could not let that happen. I have put about 1,500 miles on him since santa brought him to me.

Last edited:

mdcarriers

I finally started using my M747 and it really does well out on the road. This is the first Howitzer I have ever hauled on it. After the guys cut off the front, I didn't think I would ever be able to use it.
M747 hauling Howitzer 2.jpgM747 hauling Howitzer 1.jpg

bshupe

M116/M1031 Hybrid

This is a 116 genset trailer that I have converted with the contact box from my M1031. I have PTO and wiring mods in process that will allow the use of the generator/compressor in the contact box while hooked up to the truck. "the" truck is the M1031 with a civi bed mounted so now an M1008.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks