• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Picked up another 1/4 ton trailer, this time a super nice 1952 Strick m100. The rails are straight, no rust, no real dents, on good tires, and the floor is excellent. The yellow paint is peeling back to 24087 that looks like it could of been painted in the last year! The cap was attached with angle iron so it came off easily with only a few extra holes in the sides. When I pulled up to it I thought it needed the landing leg support replaced but it was just buried.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good save on the M100. Try power washing it with a power sprayer, that yellow latex paint might just peel off under the pressure. Looks like all you need is a replacement lunette and you're all set!

ecotrek

My hitch/brake converted 1966 M105A2 in it's new home in East Tennessee.
Modifications include:
2 inch hitch with hydraulic actuator and reverse lockout
Drop foot jack
LED tail/brake lights
Government remanufactured in 2010-pristine condition
Towed with my 2004 Dodge Diesel Dually

PB050469.jpgPB050470.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Great! Now all your need are two NDT 9.00x16 tires and the slave cable box to mount to the brackets that are already there....
I've got some 7.00x16 NDCCs I was going to put on it, but unfortunately I will not be keeping it. I've bought too much stuff lately and would rather see this one go to someone who has the Jeep to tow it with.
That yellow paint is a crime against nature!

Let us see it again when you get the color fixed! :beer:
I'd rather have it been only painted yellow instead of modifying the frame or cutting a tailgate into it (I have no idea how they could get anything out of it with the top on it). I am almost sure had it been released into civilian hands back in the 1970's it would not be anywhere near as nice. Here's a pic of my first m100 in 24087. It was delivered in the same month as the latest one and was also a forestry trailer (but it had a tailgate cut into it).

Attachments

Nick

So here is our 97 Pribb's M105a3. I am turning it into a Show / Camping Support Trailer. I covered the bows in 3/4" styrofoam insulation, I taped the seams with Tyvek housewrap tape. I used 2" wide ratchet straps to help hold the insulation down, and form it to the shape of the bows. I fastened it to the bows with 1/4" carriage bolts, with fender washers, and locktite to hold the nuts on. Can't really crank down on them. I then have a layer of the foil bubble wrap insulation covering that, taped seams also. I have a 1/2" piece of plywood on the top for snow load, and to support the solar panel. Thanks, Jim
Thats pretty bad @**. Did you do anything to the trailer tub itself to insulate it? I would think the tub would let some cold in too..??

jagular7

Great item.

Any plans? Or just pull it like it is?

(oops: reference to jagular7)
Don't know exactly. I've been through 4-5 M416s and several M101s versions. I tend to flip these things. Recently adding M1102s to the list too. Example, the M1009 Blazer. Had it for a week. Still haven't received title, but its sold.

Another Ahab

Don't know exactly. I've been through 4-5 M416s and several M101s versions. I tend to flip these things. Recently adding M1102s to the list too. Example, the M1009 Blazer. Had it for a week. Still haven't received title, but its sold.
If you're doing better than break-even, more power to you!

g2065g

Not a Mil Trailer

This isn't a military trailer. But I did build the deck with aluminum deck pieces from a mobile bridge. I cut off the front supports that stick out after my mother backed up alongside it and damaged her door. I had planned to add some wood on the sides there for steps/storage. Was built from a free camper that turned out to be unrepairable.
IMG_1206.jpgIMG_1207.jpgIMG_1208.jpgIMG_1214.jpgIMG_1249.jpgIMG_1251.jpg

I am picking up my m105a2 this week. I'll add some of those later.

Attachments

Last edited:

Carlo

This isn't a military trailer. But I did build the deck with aluminum deck pieces from a mobile bridge. I cut off the front supports that stick out after my mother backed up alongside it and damaged her door. I had planned to add some wood on the sides there for steps/storage. Was built from a free camper that turned out to be unrepairable.
View attachment 466729View attachment 466730View attachment 466731View attachment 466733View attachment 466734View attachment 466735

I am picking up my m105a2 this week. I'll add some of those later.
it it gets the job done! Nice Erik.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks