• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Another Ahab

Sorry fir the mis spell. Nice work.
Hey Carlo, never a problem. Your English is likely better than the Italian of most any of us over here (except of course, maybe some of us from Brooklyn!).

You know the old joke, right?

- If you speak three languages, then you're tri-lingual.

- If you speak two languages, then you're bi-lingual.

- If you speak one language, then you're…American!

Last edited:

Carlo

Hey Carlo, never a problem. Your English is likely better than the Italian of most any of us over here (except of course, maybe some of us from Brooklyn!).

You know the old joke, right?

- If you speak three languages, then you're tri-lingual.

- If you speak two languages, then you're bi-lingual.

- If you speak one language, then you're…American!
ive never heard thus one. I'm going to save thus one! Thanks gave me a good smile.

Another Ahab

It's been awhile since this thread has been bumped...
I picked up an m116a1 Pioneer tool trailer and an m116a3 genset trailer last week from SS members.
Nice find.

The sign about hearing protection on the inside of the lid suggests a trailer designed to haul a compressor, is that what the thing was designed for?

trailer.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the CMT-F before we took the tarps off for the trip home (Pawnshop and I got one each off Ft Hood). Pawnshop's is the second tarped one to the right of pic 2. Mine has a flat plate on the front landing gear, his has a wheel. Other than that, they were identical.

Still don't know what the military used them for. They were definitely not genset trailers (which was my first thought). So if someone does know what they are, please speak up!

Cheers

PS I noticed last night that mine has 97K5?? painted out on the rear. That is a USAF tac marking, so looks like these did something for the Air Force rather than the Army. Hmm...

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a couple of my military trailers. Picked up some Tires from GL on the "SPIRIT" trailer (sans Satellite) and moved them over to my M105 behind my Deuce in the other picture.

Don't know what the cage is for on the trailers above, but thought you might like seeing the SPIRIT version of that trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw those SPIRIT trailers but decided to go for the CMT-F instead. The CMT-F looked newer, in better shape, and were a LOT closer to me!
That was probably a good choice. Mine is a little rough around the edges compared to the other M1102 trailers that I bought. Looks like it has the lighter duty surge brake unit on the tongue and rivets instead of 6 bolts in the front brace. They didn't update it because it wasn't carrying the 4200 lb limit that caused issues on the M1102s off road.

Mine has a few dings and I only plan to straighten some of the dings, rebuild the brakes, and probably do the 6 bolt update before turning it into a MEP-002 trailer for my Gen. At 1000#s, I am well within the capability of the unmodified trailers abilities.

Love the trailer, it tracks and handles great. Backing them will keep you on your toes but easy if you don't try to race.

The forklift driver hit the aluminum fender with the edge of the pallet that the tires were on. I heard it hit and went over to look at the damage. I was very surprised that the aluminum fender crushed the wood pallet with only a few scratches. I wouldn't want to repeat the hit, but was pleasantly surprised the pallet didn't even dent the fender. I plan on stripping and repainting it, so the scratch was a non-issue and told the GL fork lift driver no worries.

Last edited:

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just got our M989A1 HEMAT back from having it made pretty again. Then it went on display at the Arlington Fly-In this last week. The HEMTT had a good week, a new trailer to pull and new M4 Carbines for the doors :jumpin:

Awesome Rig!! What do you use the M989A1 and trailer for?

RobM36A2

Did some work on the shelter that is on the modded M101a2 trailer.
Added a vent, because I like some fresh air inside.

Ventilatie 1.jpg Ventilatie 2.jpg Ventilatie 3.jpg Ventilatie 4.jpg

Now to look around for a camper window, for light and ventilation.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where the Serial number is located on M1102 trailers? I need it for SF97 which is required to register as FMV in Texas.

Thanks,
Mike

dkmatthews

1. Photos of my trailer:
20140217_135835.jpg20140217_135844.jpg20140217_135852.jpg20140217_161029.jpg20140217_161050.jpg

2) M101A2, apparently from the South Carolina National Guard, release date 12/90.
3) USA
4) Civilian tow vehicle: '79 Dodge Ramcharger w/ 360 ci V8

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is on the dataplate mounted on the right side of the tongue. If you don't have that dataplate then you don't have a serial number!
I suddenly feel very stupid...

I totally missed the dataplate on the side of the tongue as I stared at the big fancy one on the front. I'm going to go away and let everyone laugh at me for a bit. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks