• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

gpzTurbo

I picked up this '89 m116A2 today. It's pretty decent overall, was kept in a garage. The previous owner carried a big welder around on it. It came with bows in great shape but no cover. I'll use it mostly for moving motorcycles around right now so I won't sweat the cover just yet.
I'll pull it with the m1009. My Blazer and this trailer both have their original wiring & plugs intact and all the lights work as they should so bringing it home was a snap. :)

NCM_0327.jpgNCM_0326.jpg

spartan_185

Heres one for ya. Its a pintle hitch 12'4" Haulmark enclosed trailer bought at Ft. Riley. It was originally air force camo but it needed a repaint so it was painted 3 color woodland when I got it. I even went and outfitted it with all led lights after I cut the nato plug off of it and installed a conventional 7 wire. The crazy thing is that it has two 7k dexter axles and brakes on both axles. Plus it has a 10 inch I beam frame. During a brake and bearing service I noticed the brakes looked to be unused. Whatever it was used to haul was heavy to say the least. It pulls good behind a dually though and it will be hard to over load.

Attachments

Gunzy

004.jpg008.jpgMy 2009 M1101 that is like new and my 1984 M105A2 that was O/H in 2009 and is like new. There is a cover for the M105 also. I will be putting an S250 shelter in the M1101.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heres one for ya. Its a pintle hitch 12'4" Haulmark enclosed trailer bought at Ft. Riley. It was originally air force camo but it needed a repaint so it was painted 3 color woodland when I got it. I even went and outfitted it with all led lights after I cut the nato plug off of it and installed a conventional 7 wire. The crazy thing is that it has two 7k dexter axles and brakes on both axles. Plus it has a 10 inch I beam frame. During a brake and bearing service I noticed the brakes looked to be unused. Whatever it was used to haul was heavy to say the least. It pulls good behind a dually though and it will be hard to over load.

Mighta been sum of dem Nukler Warhedds or sumptin'.

Olpa77

Looks like new condition. Did you get a tarp?
Yes it came with a green tarp. I took it off because I was not sure how it would hold up to highway speeds on the back of my flatbed. The left side is ok and does look new. The right hand side is fair. I am assuming it sat for a long time leaning to the right. Parts of the side body have little holes rusted through it. I sand blasted it yesterday to prep it for green paint. I found all kinds of bondo patched area's. I wasn't aware the military used body filler for rust repairs. Plus there was 5 bullet holes I had to patch. I will post more pics when I am done.
6x6gpt.jpg

Carlo

Yes it came with a green tarp. I took it off because I was not sure how it would hold up to highway speeds on the back of my flatbed. The left side is ok and does look new. The right hand side is fair. I am assuming it sat for a long time leaning to the right. Parts of the side body have little holes rusted through it. I sand blasted it yesterday to prep it for green paint. I found all kinds of bondo patched area's. I wasn't aware the military used body filler for rust repairs. Plus there was 5 bullet holes I had to patch. I will post more pics when I am done.
View attachment 508154
Bondo? It's used here in Europe by the US Armies body shop contractor in Germany. They (US Army) don't do the body work in house anymore and this German company uses bondo over rust, and even silicone over rust! I have a A2 that was a shame that USA taxpayers should know about.

SteveKuhn

Don't feel hosed, and it isn't limited to contractors. I have a 1951 M37 that was an Army rebuild and there's Army Bondo on the passenger's door. You can tell because it's an original Army paint job over top of it. I think these were probably surplussed out before they started with contractors.

Steve

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mood struck me today, so I uncovered the markings on my HSTRU trailer. It was marked- 1CAV 615ASB HSC832T JDTZ0 D0015. So it belonged to the HSC (headquarters supply company), 615th Aviation Support Battalion, of the 1st Cav on Ft Hood.

Cheers

SteveKuhn

Do you figure to straighten out that right front corner on the 416? I ask because I have a buddy with similar damage. His whole front panel is bellied out and the top roll is pulled out of place.

Steve

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Do you figure to straighten out that right front corner on the 416? I ask because I have a buddy with similar damage. His whole front panel is bellied out and the top roll is pulled out of place.

Steve
I will be attempting to fix it soon, probably using a hi-lift jack and some cutting and welding. It looks like it took a pretty good hit.

Attachments

kurtkds

Had the paint gun out for another project and one thing led to another so I touched up some of the black on the front of the man cave.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410229792.377390.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410229813.330738.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks