• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
^ that looks more like a M105
I think he got the numbers mixed up - it's not a M101A3, it's a M103A1. Looks great, though! Gives me an idea about taking a smaller M116 genset trailer, and building removable sides out of plywood, so I can use it as a cargo/camping trailer, or remove if I need to haul something a little more bulky.

SteveKuhn

Somewhere on here there's a thread w/ photos of somebody who did just that. Saw it a couple years ago. Looked very much like the 103 above.

The other possible variation is to make it a removeable stake-side with horizonal boards.

Steve

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct. M103A1 Fingers cannot keep up with the brain! It is a 105 top I cut and added material. the 103 is longer than the 105.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It's really a cart but being a guy who has the kooky trailer subset of the green iron disease I could not stop myself from bidding on them cart.jpg cart1.jpg

Gov't paid $1500 a pop on these General Hauling Carts. They were made in 2005 but must have spent it all out doors, the frames are thin wall steel square tubing and from the way the it has

de-laminated they used finished interior ply for the sides and floor. 001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpgThe bottom one has good wood so I am off to

the lumber yard to get some marine/exterior ply to redo the one. Hard to believe in this day and age that they would still be buying metal wheeled carts.

NSN INFORMATION 3920-00-260-1146

[SIZE=-1]Cage Code:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Part Number:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Company Name:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]81349[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]MIL-C-1173[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]MILITARY SPECIFICATIONS PROMULGATED BY MILITARY[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]MRC:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Requirement Name:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Requirement:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]SR-1[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]MANUFACTURERS CODE[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]81349[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]SR-1[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]NON-DEFINITIVE GOVERNMENT SPEC/STD REFERENCE[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]MIL-C-1173[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]TEXT[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS ITEM DESCRIPTION[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]WOODEN OPEN-BOX TYPE BODY,MIN INSIDE DIM. 52-1/8 IN. LG,30-3/4 IN. W,12-1/2 IN. DP; 2 WHEELS 36 IN. DIA W/STEEL SPOKES AND STEEL TIRES; HARDWOOD HANDLE; 2 SUPPORT LEGS; MAX O/A CART DIM. 83 IN. LG,48 IN. W,40 IN. H[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Another Ahab

It's really a cart but being a guy who has the kooky trailer subset of the green iron disease I could not stop myself from bidding on them

Gov't paid $1500 a pop on these General Hauling Carts.
caet.jpg

Familiar-looking cart (if you've seen the movie).

Looks like Medieval surplus for plague collections:

python.gif

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nope not a clue, there were 2 lots of 2 and only came with assy instructions , no Mfg listed, just that it was cart, general hauling. The way the front slides off reminds me of the general purpose cavalry cart for hauling feed, bedding and mucking out stalls. cart WWii.jpg The way the center of gravity is on it actually makes it easy to move stuff around.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is from a while back, but I never posted it here.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this trailer was once a SGPRSM batwing shop trailer. It has been stretched immensely to accommodate a houseboat. I never measured it, but I think it was something like 75' long. Pulling it with the M818 and its awful turning radius was terrible.

Attachments

SteveKuhn

I recall a thread w/ either a 116 or a 103 with sides and the like added on. Just can't recall the link, however. A search of the trailer forum should find it.

Or you could just sell it to me. Certainly is nice.

Steve

rhinob

Thanks Steve. I'll have another look. It's amazing how many results have nothing to do with whatever you search…..but I'll give it a go again.

These trailers aren't worth much so it's probably best to just keep it and have it on tap. The tires are like-new and it's solid. If I decide otherwise, I'll shoot you a PM!

Thanks again!

rhinob

Sure. My problem is everything I do results in the Taj Mahal. I thought some creative ideas shown by others would give my brain a break! Definitely versatile...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks