• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

show us your oa331 engines

earnie

hi all i am still looking for a tm to start the teardown of my oa 331
however to id like to see some oa331 engine pics to keep me motivated
thanks
if this is not a bother

earnie

I have the TM 9-8022/ TO19-75AA-173.I'll post some engine pics shortly.
hi sir is there a way to get a copy of this manual from you or just buy it outright
any help is appreciated

or does anyone have these manuals
portrayl press has this manual but is a little expensive and id have to mail a money order= a few days wait for it to get there , then a few days to get itaua
thanks in advance

WOLFMAN1

hi all i am still looking for a tm to start the teardown of my oa 331
however to id like to see some oa331 engine pics to keep me motivated
thanks
if this is not a bother
I have a oa331 engine but dont know how to post pics, but looks like im getting the hang of it.[thumbzup] really needing a copy of the tm for mine. if anyone has a spare

Attachments

Last edited:

reom34

reo your truck is what inspired this thread
as i am starting to do the same thing in as far as the restoration goes on mine

your truck is truly a museum piece

as soon as i can find a tm for the engine the total tear down begins

Good luck. I would like see your progresses. For my it was very enterteining.It´s look like a puzzle

XM 2742

How can anyone bash a gasser. My 302 is a mechanics dream and I am sure the 331 is also a work of art. Those diesels are the ugly duckling of motors and if anyone bashes the diesel it will be no skin off my nose.

OK folks......ya got my two cents worth. Let the fights begin...lol

WOLFMAN1

glad to know

glad to know there re than just a few gassers left in the world. makes me more interested in keeping mine than selling it. but if anyone finds a good reo engine manual for it on cd or book hit me up i could use it.

good question to ask is. How do i stop my fuel pump from running the whole time and flooding out my carb. i turn the start switch over to on and the fuel pump kicks in. but it never stops. i have to start the truck imediatly or it floods the carb?

Barrman

Stock M35 Gasser trucks had a mechanical fuel pump only. Any inline electric pump or in tank pump is an add on. The in tank pump is probably an M35A2 tank and pump. Because the Gasser fuel tank doesn't have a big enough opening in the top for the fuel pump assembly. That pump as you have found out will over power the OA331 carb float. With the pump not working like you need to have it. You also loose about the bottom 3 inches of your tank because the mechanical pump can't suck up the fuel that low. That means 10 gallons of fuel just get to sit there and go stale.

Start looking for a Gasser tank. They are out there. It took me a few years to find a good one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks