• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show your 24087 deuces!!!

palskidoo

here's my girl ("EV") and my pulling tractor. EV will be painted up to look as though she were an Experimental Vehicle (hence the EV), just a little personal touch I want to give her.
IMAG0806.jpgtoys1.jpg

SteveKuhn

KCollum: Very nicely done. I'm guessing that you painted the cargo cover. If so, what did you use? I'm guessing it's a green vinyl with black (???) and tan touchovers.

I hope you're planning on bringing it to the MTA show in Sussex NJ in April. It would be a very nice addition to the display area.

Steve

Dipstick

KCollum: Very nicely done. I'm guessing that you painted the cargo cover. If so, what did you use? I'm guessing it's a green vinyl with black (???) and tan touchovers.

I hope you're planning on bringing it to the MTA show in Sussex NJ in April. It would be a very nice addition to the display area.

Steve
I live in Phillipsburg N.J. Would a bobbed Deuce be welcome at the MTA show? Mine looks stock other than being an axle short.

JCKnife

Mine is in the garage for the winter in various states of disassembly / stripping / painting. Will finish it up in the spring.

Attachments

SteveKuhn

I can't see why a bobbed truck wouldn't be welcome. Just don't expect to win the concours award.:grin:

If you're real self conscious about it, watch for the show announcement thread to pop up and ask there. Tell them to blame me.

Steve

kcollum

Steve the cover has not been painted yet that is the way it came, I did try a spot on the cab cover and it is holding up well. Funny thing is the paint is Benjamin Moore Super- Spec Alkyd P-24 semi-gloss and the color is the one in your post number 80 in the Latex house paint thread! The color is spot on to the old 24087 thanks for that info.

SteveKuhn

Ah --- inside. I only wish. I'd be curious if you notice it outside with different angles of the sun. In the morning my truck looks brown. By noon, it's distinctly green.

I really hope you'll make it to Sussex. I think your truck would be a big hit.

Steve

Dipstick

I can't see why a bobbed truck wouldn't be welcome. Just don't expect to win the concours award.:grin:

If you're real self conscious about it, watch for the show announcement thread to pop up and ask there. Tell them to blame me.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I may show up regardless. It would be fun to meet other MVOs. Sussex is about 40 miles North of me I think.

F18hornetM

I wish we had painted out 1970 Duece its original color when we re-painted it. We went back with the 3 color camo which is how it was painted when it left the service. Next one will be all green.

Docuscg

Here is mine. Yes, I do have it for sale. Everything is for sale--everything but the wife! I do enjoy my truck and still working on the little things. Can't go anywhere without someone stopping me to look and ask questions. Summer coming and THE BEACH !!!!!!

Attachments

Danger Ranger

Yeah, me too. There is a separate thread for showing off your deuce. And they look great, but I thought this was for the Vietnam era color?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks