• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show your 24087 deuces!!!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
KCclay's M275 pulling my M146 trailer, his is a stand in for mine that I have just started to restore can't wait to get it done.

both in 24087 OD semi-gloss

Attachments

TxFireDeuce

Here is mine. Yes, I do have it for sale. Everything is for sale--everything but the wife! I do enjoy my truck and still working on the little things. Can't go anywhere without someone stopping me to look and ask questions. Summer coming and THE BEACH !!!!!!
Do you have more pics of the civi hitch I am looking to add one to my deuce

frigar78

what is the reason for the front of the hoods being painted yellow???? mine hood is painted yellow !!!!! is it like a company or battalion type thing?

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone please post or PM me the location of the hood numbers. I need inches from rear hood edge to center of "U.S. ARMY" and from bottom edge of hood to bottom edge of registration characters. Almost done with my paint job; parade in less than two weeks.

Thanks!

P.S.: I don't have the original location because the letters/numbers were missing on my hood (don't know why).

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's my '68 Kaiser-Jeep I'm almost finished with. I carried a group of vets from the Beaumont/Banning (So. Cal.) VFW Post 233 in the annual Cherry Festival Parade. We were awarded a 2nd Place trophy.

100_0599_crop_web.jpg004_email_bright.jpg006_email.jpg007_email.jpg

The unit markings are for the 261st Transportation Company, 6th Battalion, 48th Group; they were in the Long Binh area of operations in Viet Nam. A friend of mine at work was a mechanic in that unit and was assigned a 5-ton wrecker. That company was known as the "Whistlers".

Pretty much the last to be done is the cab interior including blasting and painting and purchasing a canvas cab top.

The second pic is of what it looked like when I bought it last August:
MERDEC (?) with chipped and flaking paint; a nice truck with little rust, but she needed a new (retro) look.

Last edited:

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to thank all the guys here who helped with info and advice, ESPECIALLY vtdeucedriver! Also thanks to him for starting this thread.

The veterans yesterday really appreciated the ride and were impressed by the authenticity of the appearance, which I couldn't have achieved without this site and thread. Some of them couldn't have been in the parade at all due to their poor health (we loaded them at the rear truck dock at the local Stater Brothers Market so they wouldn't have to climb up).

Thanks very much.

-Ken Johnson
Beaumont, CA

Last edited:

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I carried a group of veterans from VFW Post 233 (Beaumont, CA) in a local parade last weekend- we earned 1st place in the "Novelty" category.
019_crop_edit.jpg010_crop_edit.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks