• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show your 5 tons in the snow.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious:

- How many (standard) bales can you fit (stacked full), into a 53' trailer like that?
1st of all, it's a 48-footer with slider almost all the way forward , things are already very tight around here even with the OTR civvy freightshaker .. lol.. 2nd of all it depends on the size of the bales .. We can stuff not more than 560 of my own bales in this hi-cube trailer, but only get a little over 525 of another guy's 4ft-long 80-to-100 pounders in there.. My classic 1970s 40-footer next to it is an excellent mate for the M818s and M52, it takes 450 of mine and just over 410 of the other guys and goes down the road just great on a 6x6 (or the FLD for that matter) .. Regardless which way it's stacked and which hay we have in there, there is always no more than 6" of room inside at the top .. The big trailer is a foot-plus overheight when sitting on 5-ton tracs. The freightshaker is hopeless moving anything around on uneven ground, especially if it's not dry, thus this is just one of the many jobs for the 6x6's.. The big trailer does not go go down any public road with the tactical trucks

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Had an Uncle used to race open-country steeplechase out in Fauquier County Virginia (USA), back in the day:

- At the end of the haying season every year he'd put out a call for "All Hands" to help load the bales up into the hayloft of his stable:

MAN, that was HARD WORK!! And HOT!!

I tip my hat to you!!!

mzak88

Shouldn't you be out there participating in some sort of convoy that I read about recently? ;)

I should have taken my M813 out when we got that foot of snow at the beginning of the month. We haven't had enough snow since, to make it worth it.
By the time I heard about it I couldn’t schedule time from work. Then I wouldn’t have been able to keep up. I’ve donated to the gofundme. Im busy formulating a battle plan to fight the MV ban in BC. The biggest trouble I have is actually getting local owners to talk to me. I feel that being united and organized is key. Alone I’m really just a fart in the wind.

mzak88

By the time I heard about it I couldn’t schedule time from work. Then I wouldn’t have been able to keep up. I’ve donated to the gofundme. Im busy formulating a battle plan to fight the MV ban in BC. The biggest trouble I have is actually getting local owners to talk to me. I feel that being united and organized is key. Alone I’m really just a fart in the wind.
I need to talk all you guys to convoy up here in protest of this nonsense.

Ajax MD

I need to talk all you guys to convoy up here in protest of this nonsense.
Pffft... I'm not coming up there to get arrested by your authorities. I have enough problems with my own brown shirts.
Why are local owners reluctant to talk to you?

mzak88

Pffft... I'm not coming up there to get arrested by your authorities. I have enough problems with my own brown shirts.
Why are local owners reluctant to talk to you?
I don’t know, too busy or too important I suppose. Thing is, we all only have a finite amount of time on the planet, we are all busy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks