• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

show your aux light setups

whyme

planning an auxiliary light setup on the deuce, a combination of fog, driving, long range, and flood lights.

im looking for ideas so lets see what people have done so far.

oh and i will be adding a 12 volt to support these

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't have pics handy to post, but I had added 6 of the armored lights to my deuce. 2 went on the front bumper, 2 went on the bed in-between the bed and cab aimed at the ground, and 2 went under the bed in the rear for backup lights. If anyone is planning on using the armored lights under their bed in the rear, make sure you protect the lights! I managed to rip mine off in about 15min once I took the truck off road. The next set will be bolted to the bed's frame sideways and I will plasma out a hole for the light to shine through. I figure if they get ripped off then, I have bigger problems to worry about.

I also got some of the newer style(read plastic) aim-able spot lights, like off the back of a wrecker. I will be mounting one on my driver's side "elephant ear" style rear view mirror mount. It has an on/off switch built into it and I can move it to light up whatever I need light on besides the static mounted lights.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the exact same setup as Gimpster except my yet to be installed wrecker light will be quite a bit different and have decided against lights on the front. I'm also planning to install 2 more wrecker floods on poles bolted to the back of the cab. I'm so sick of being in the dark with the deuce and since I have all these lights!

gimpyrobb

I have lights to bolt to the back of my cab too, I'm just going to put them on the wrecker since I only have 3 lights on it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the M62 do you have one light on the operators bucket, another by the spare and a 3rd under the boom shipper?

whyme

After a bit of research I think I may do two driving lights above the winch and two fog lights below with a metal brush guard around them. I would like to also add a few overhead lights and I was contemplating doing the basket above the cab. Instead I'm going to fabricate a "Baja" style mounting system for the roof. The reason for this is because the lights are caged and protected from tree limbs and such.

Two more flood lights behind the cab similar to what the m916 has and two for reverse. I might steal gimps idea for those. Also possibly two floods on each side (just for good measure)

Choosing the lights is my problem now, I have a set budget for all my upgrades and I don't wanna blow it all on lights. I liked the 8" driving lights from kc (painted flat black or od of course) but they are pricey so I'll prob settle for 6" for the front and top.

gimpyrobb

Yup, just haven't looked into getting them operational yet. Too many mechanical things needed fixed and hydro hoses replaced. I'll get to it some day. Stretch has lights behind his cab and they are quite handy, thats why I want them on the rear of my cab.

Whyme, You should consider replacement bulbs when choosing lights. I really like the armored lights and I understand that I got them cheaper than cost, but the bulbs are about $12 on average to replace. I just ordered some lights that use an H3 bulb and it looks like I can replace those for about $3 each. The H3 bulb is MUCH smaller to carry spares than the glass par36 bulbs. Just something to think about.

Last edited:

Josh

Its the only picture I have. I now have 12 of those lights to install. They are all 100w 24v H4 haligen with a cheapo HF housing and a decent bulb.

Attachments

whyme

Josh:
What size are those? Are they the 6"? Trying to get an idea how many I can mount while not looking redic. 6-7 look like it will work for me.

wsucougarx

319, great mounting point! I'm still trying to figure out where to put mine. Definately want to try and keep them off the bumper (mounted topside-tripping hazard, mounted underneath-ripped off due to inclines). Do you have a pic on how you mounted them?

sp00n

i have to 6" lights on the front bumper. 1 atv spotlight mounted on my driver side mirror bracket. and 2 harbor freight reverse lights

What kind of cab is on the M35(?) in the last picture with the lights off? The windows look rounded off and your hard top has provisions for marker lights and ribs

srodocker

a company here on the west coast made fiberglass tops. its a one piece setup for the windshield and the top is all fiberglass. the marker lights dont work atm. not hooked up. i may switch to my old windshield tho so i can fold out my windows

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks