• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shut down

JohnFire

Swede you should have two messages. Just let me know. All I am looking for is the price of the fue to ride my motorcycle own and back. so around 3 gal at most. I know that is getting to be steep these days. :D

Swede

Ok. Thanks again John for your trip down for the resistor block. And very nice meeting with you and chatting.

On to my next prob. My wait light does not come on. I think it might be the actual glow plug controller. I think I have made the decision to go 12 volt. Is there a heavy duty starter I need or just a standard? Does anyone have the number to it?

Also, i want to look into getting my glow plugs replaced, anyone have numbers for them. I have another fuel pump under the bed, anyone know anything about that?.. I am going to replace it, just to get it newer.

JohnFire

Swede, I had a great time as well, and it was good to meet you. I think you are right that it is your glow controller. I would say to keep costs down, either go with replacing the glow controller, where there is somewhere in here that they talk about that and the civilian version glow controller or or go into the Sticky at the begiinning of the cucv posts and do the manual glow plug push button this would be the cheapest option and you can always replace the controller later. The correct glow plugs for these are wellman 070 these are for the trucks that still have 24V, if you convert I have seen and it is what I am running are the AC-60 G though some tell you just to get the AC-60 G and be done with it. If you convert make sure you get a gear reduction starter. If you haven't read I asked some questions about your problem in the thread in the link below. Good Luck

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21485

Swede

OK i did the 12v. swap. But now I get an arc at neg. when reapplying the ground,and the engine trys to turn over.

i pull the starting relay, reapply the ground/neg to the battery, still get a spark..

Any suggestions would help.

JohnFire

swede can you post a pic of your conversion, I will do the same for you but it will take me a couple days since I will be out of state moving my sister till the end of the week.

Swede

Ok, thank you ccatlett I will look at that right now.

Johnfire, thank you also. I hope to put pictures up soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks