• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shutter box operation

bones1

My Mep-003A with ASK kit runs well now but I am wondering if the shutter assembly is in proper position for
either cold weather or normal weather operation. Will I be able to find this shutter with the ASK kit installed?.I am learning at least 1 new piece of information about this machine every day thanks only to this forum.Thank You guys for the help.

cuad4u

You may be able to see the "normal / cold weather" tab through the access door used to change the air filter. In the "normal" weather position the "tab" will be "up". In the "cold" weather position the tab will be near the horizontal position. Only use "cold" when the temperature is leas than -25F. In every state but Alaska I would keep the tab in the "normal" position.

DieselBob

X2 what Cuad4u said. In all the winters around here I have never had the intake valve in the cold position. Never any problem with hard starts or smokey running from unburned fuel. Mine does not have the ASK so yours should stay even warmer running in the winter. 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks