• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Side by side bobbed dueces

55Cameo

There is a spare in the spare tire holder. It may only be a 11.00 R 20 but it is there.
And as far a 'street legal', it does have a tag and insurance as of today.(Not that it makes it totally legal but who's counting)

Attachments

comdiver

With the "Big" one closer to the camera and the other one farther away there looks like a real difference in size. Side by side is there that much difference? How does the ride and handling compare? Mileage and power? They both look great! I have followed both of your projects on the site. For the record, the deuce which gets my nails dirty, will look like the smaller one soon.

55Cameo

I don't know about power and handleing comparison because we haven't driven each others yet. Mine had the clutch out the other day when he was over here. As for power, I don't really notice much difference after the Bob than before. I'm guessing that I took off roughly 2000lbs overall, but added the taller and heavier tires. It's about even, maybe a little sacrifice to the power gods. I'll know more after the run down to the rally with the new clutch that isn't slipping. Oh, and here is another size comparison.

Attachments

wadereg

Both are really nice trucks, personally i like the samller one because it is legal in VA. If i lived in NC (no lift law) thats what i would have...oh, if i had money too.

Awww....look the little ones got a friend.

joec

dirtyfingernails said:
Went over to Allan's this afternoon to see his new truck. Very nice!! I hope he doesn't mind a side by side comparison with my truck. Pictures just don't do it justice--it is TALL!
Steve

Steve is that the truck you got from Dave? Did a great job on it. They 11.00 20's on it?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wadereg said:
Both are really nice trucks, personally i like the samller one because it is legal in VA. If i lived in NC (no lift law) thats what i would have...oh, if i had money too.

Awww....look the little ones got a friend.

"no lift law" ?

mhodges

hey wade, been lifting trucks of all sorts in va- just on the other side of the jrb from ya- if it's registered as a weighted truck (key here is that it must meet gvw requirements- read that as 1ton and up) and you have no problems. give me a pm sometime and we can get together and drive the deuces sometime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks