• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Side rail question, what do I have?

Tnrobocop

Side rail question, what do I have? Picture Added.

Picked up a M105 trailer and a MEP-016 generator up at Ft. Campbell the other day. The pictures showed a set of side rails in the bed.

Well when I went to pick them up, the side rails don't line up with the rail holes, plus they are about a foot shorter than the trailer itself. The side rails are 8 feet long, and are new, just scuffed up from being in the bed of the trailer and it also has two single pieces that are still taped together. They are all fiberglass pieces also.

I am thinking these are for a M101.

Am I correct and what would they be worth?

Last edited:

LanceRobson

They are worth so little that you should ship them to me for free so you don't have to look at them....:roll:

They are most likely M101 racks. The bed of an M101 is a dead on 8'. Some are even a tiny bit under and closing the tailgate with an 8' sheet of plywood or an 8' table laying in them is a PITA. If they have half gates for the ends of the trailer hanging on them or the hinge knuckles for swinging gates they are definitely M101 racks.

Lance

Tnrobocop

I figured that they were M101 rails when they didn't line up with the holes on the M105. They have the half-gates installed still.

Not the best picture in the world, but it should give you some idea.

Attachments

Chief_919

I figured that they were M101 rails when they didn't line up with the holes on the M105. They have the half-gates installed still.

Not the best picture in the world, but it should give you some idea.

Definitly 101 with those swinging half gates.

41cl8m5

Too bad your not closer, I'd be willing to buy them from you but the cost for shipping would be through the roof. Unless your willing to deliver.

JB

I sold a set with the bulkhead rack @ 2 yrs ago for $200. (your set seems to be missing teh front bulkhead)

Are you willing to trade for 105 sides? I have a bunch of take off 105 sides but may be a little far for a tradeoff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks