• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Side view mirror question

joesco

Now that 95% of my mechanical issues are solved, I am starting bodywork and paint and painted the cab Desert Tan yesterday. This morning I wanted to remove the mirrors to paint them flat black and snap the rusted top nut that holds the vertical arm. Can't find a schematic on the mirror assembly. Is that piece held together with a threaded rod? It is frozen solid.

Has anyone come with a mirror mod for the M900 series trucks? Thanks folks!

joesco

It appears to be a solid rod, tried drilling it out and my bit broke. I will have to find a piece of stock locally. Made a temporary fix. Also bought a complete set(4) of new mirrors for both sides on line, for less than $50, shipped. All the bolts and knuckles were rusted.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just replaced mine with adjustable mrap mirrors on my 923a2. I think I will engineer a different mount to take advantage of more flexible spring tension connections to prevent snapping mine again. Hitting tree limbs have been an injury point many times for my passenger mirror. I will get with the chief engineer and work on something to model by the time of the GA Rally.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I just replaced mine with adjustable mrap mirrors on my 923a2. I think I will engineer a different mount to take advantage of more flexible spring tension connections to prevent snapping mine again. Hitting tree limbs have been an injury point many times for my passenger mirror. I will get with the chief engineer and work on something to model by the time of the GA Rally.
In vn, we built mirror protection bars that was STOUT, these bars were not mounted to the mirror frame work but had there own mounting. The reason for this build was not because of trees but other trucks, the roads were so narrow that two trucks passing in opposite directions the mirrors became a point of contact, ALSO mirror contact was sorta a SPORT, take out the other guys mirror without making body contact, AND not taking out yours, this took great driving skill to make the sudden mirror dive while doing about 35 mpg on a road that reminder you of a wash board.