• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Silicone brake fluid

jhyatt7

Is there a way to tell the difference between silicone and regular DOT brake fluid?
While I know there's controversy as to which is better, but I also know they can't be mixed.auaaua

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Water will mix with DOT3 and seperate with DOT5. Pull some from the truck and add a few drops or water and observe.

Truckoholic

My whole life I thought that Dot 3 brake fluid was a kind of oil. So it blew my mind when I got my first deuce to learn about Dot 5, and the fact that water will mix with Dot 3. I had no clue at all!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks