• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Silly Newbie Question ...

HoosierPatriot

I may have not looked long enough to find my answer to this question already posted elsewhere. If so, sorry, please just reply with the link....

I am considering buying a "project" M1009 and I want to know whether or not the parts that you, typically, need to bring one up to working condition are readily available or not?

If they are readily available, where are the best places to go and order said parts?

Thanks,

H.P.

http://test.steelsoldiers.com/images/smilies/smiley_we_are_not_worthy_ani.gif

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1009 is just a plain Jane K5 blazer. Parts are avail just about anywhere. There are a few specific military parts. Most are avail from surplus vendors or people parting out trucks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't be silly, of course parts are readily available.

It's just a Chevy truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to the CUCV forum and review the Wiki (FAQ). Lots of useful info, links, part numbers and tech manuals TMs. Armed with this you will learn much in no time.

James Kelly

Most Mil Spec parts you ca find on here or Ebay.... LMC you can get almost everything, or Craigslist.... That's where I have found al mine. I have an 86 and LUV it! There is no silly question.... ARMY STRONG! :tank:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks