• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SimonG project CUCV future questions

SGT LongT

Sliding Glass :shock: This is my jealous face aua Now tape up the glass and get ride of the shiney stuff around the windows. You are kicking some serious a$$ :beer:

SimonG

Wish I would have remembered to put the string in the groove to make installation easier. Would have saved me alot of work

jdeoliveira74

after you install the rubber around the window you put a string or piece of wire inside the grove. so you dont have to pry the window into place you put the window in say at the top and use the stringand or wire and start from one side and pull string while install window no need to use the pry bar hope i dont break method

Firejareen

As far as the string trick...I did it when I put a slider in the rear of my 1028. It took like 20min for old out and new in. Super easy, just have multiple hands to help. Also two putty knives are handy when you get to a tight spot, like sliders You can look it up on youtube to see how it is done. I would place the bottom of the glass and work up the sides then top. Makes sense but...

SimonG

Well I got her out on a road test yesterday, picked up my trailer and took it to a friends, went about 180 miles round trip, on secondary roads and interstate.
No real issues just hyper vigilant the whole way. I did notice a few things:

New seats are very comfortable, glad I switched
Sliding windows make it much more comfortable temp wise.
Engine didn’t miss a beat, kept it around 60 mph

I did notice the steering was a little loose or sloppy, not sure what that is
Main light fuse is loose, like a piece of the fuse box is broken so I was a little worried coming back at night on the interstate that I would suddenly go into " blackout"
Got a loose wire or bulb behind my fuel gauge, kept coming and going
a couple times while pulling into a parking lot, it seemed that the tranny "hesitated" when I applied gas, that made me a little nervous
Over all I’m very happy with how she did, can’t wait to get her further along.

SimonG

ok Getting the truck back from body work next weekend. Going to start getting the interior done, Rhino lined, new dash pad, everything painted.
Is there a specific spray adhesive to use? Anything else I should do to the dash before putting the new pad on?

SimonG

Also, can I remove the diagnostic piece under the dash without any ill effects?

Last edited:

SimonG

Figured it was time for and update:
Just got the truck back from the guy doing the body work.

Floor pans and rocker panels replaced
rust holes on exterior patched
Holes in bed fixed

Once i got it back I replaced the left front fender and put the new hood on.
this morning I put on the new Locking hubs, mmmmmmmm sexy goodness there :)

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got TWO sets of those BURB seats... in my 91 GMC Burb

I recovered them and added my logo to them and yes they are very comfy

View attachment 307174

I FLAT LOVE what you've done with this beast

have you replaced the TIRES yet?

With my first M1009, I felt there was something SERIOUSLY wrong with my front end because of the way it rode so rough and had some minor wandering issues.

Strangely enough, a new set of tires cured all those ills. I did eventually replace the shocks and put a steering damper on it.

But like I said, a set of tires cured all sorts of ills in one of my '09's.