• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SimonG project CUCV future questions

SimonG

Epitts
Ill list the specs when its done and I get it from the guy building it.

Wallew
Thanks
I want to change the tires, same size, less aggressive for what I do. My steering needs some work, it seems "loose" not sure what that is, maybe the steering box

SimonG

updates with pictures

Well figure its time to update this thread. I got my truck back today and I love it.
I got the enterior Duralined ( a while ago) then took it to a friends shop to have more done.

The roof rack with lights. There were 3 adult males dancing on it and it didnt budge, yes liquer was invovled!
12v conversion
Its now an Aux bat system. 1 alternator charges both batteries with a cut off that disconnects the batteries if they get to 10v. If the main battery does go dead, I can flip a switch to use the Aux.
Stereo and speakers
interior lights
I kept the service drive switch and repurposed the IR ones. 1 switch controls the front spots, 2 the back floods, 3 the front interior lights, 4 the back interior. I love the military switch covers!
I had him go through and check all the wiring from end to end and make sure it was clean tight and sealed.
Next week I should get the new seats

there are still a few things to do to it but that will have to wait till after turkey season

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks