• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simple IP Pump Question

tourus

I think I lost the IP Pump on my m1010. the quick question is will a 6.5 fit and work on a 6.2. my is an 85. I have a source to get a couple for free if I want them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The answer is.... maybe.

If they're newer TD pumps with the PMD, then no.

If they're early 6.5 NA's with the mechanical pumps, then yes. (Note the fueling rates will not be the same from the 6.2)

tourus

So by the sounds it is not going to be worth getting . Will just have to have mine rebuilt. Called a place here in maine they wanted $600.00 to rebuild a 6.2 is that average or what or would one save money by shipping it elsewere.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the 6.5 pumps are mechanical, they are sure worth having. The folks using turbos would be all over them even if just for a core. If they are the electronic DS4 then of no value to you.

Skinny

I paid $500 for an off the shelf DB2 pump calibrated for my 6.2 engine. I can't tell you what the pump number is but it was the most up to date pump available. It was more expensive to have my 6.2's pump rebuilt by them than to just have an off the shelf one recal'd to 6.2 specs.

This was at the Stanadyne approved dealer in Portland, ME.

tourus

So Skinny what was the name of the place in portland Maine. portland is about 80 miles from me i would call them. i did talk to diesel fuel system in bangor Me. He quoted me 600.00 for a rebuild of mine. He say's "all the latest updates". but it is worth a call to portland because bangor is about 80 miles as well.

Skinny

Portland Fuel Injection, Inc.
Phone: 207-797-6800
324 Warren Avenue
PORTLAND, ME 04103

$500 with a one year warranty. They built it to my specs that I requested. One of the technicians took about 30 minutes on the phone near the end of the day to answer all of my questions (I'm a tech and auto instructor which means I'm a pain in the a$$ when it comes to spending money on parts). We went over the pros and cons of rebuilding mine versus a factory reman'd pump on the shelf. He discussed my fuel setting which I kept stock for economy and reliability instead of blowing smoke at WOT. I was very impressed with the customer service on the phone.

My pump was ready in a few days. They took my info, no down payment over the phone, and said it would be done in a few days. Very happy with the cleanliness of the shop and the level of knowledge from the tech I spoke with. Highly recommend spending $500 there as opposed to almost the same money on something off ebay which could be questionable.

To top off the install, look at my Stanadyne FM100 filter install. Money well spent while you are in there. I also changed my rocker cover gaskets because all of that has to come out any way to pull the covers.

tourus

Thanks for the info Skinny.I will give them a call. I was thinking the same thing about a stock OEM rebuild and doing some other things while the truck is down. glow plugs and injectors while there. I will look at your filter set up.