• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simp's Cat 7155 Swap into a M923A1

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m glad to know you are getting it dialed in Wes. Thanks again for meeting today to drop those tires. The truck is looking good after all the work you had to do recently.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He stopped in GA with my trailer, coming from NH, yesterday. That transmission sounds great when it shifts. I'd say that it did well. The fan clutch...well...not so much. :mrgreen:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
She did 6,350 miles since 9/25. About 1500miles of that was empty trailer driving. 5tons to deuces to a trailer. She did well. Mpg went up by about .5. Going to do some small maintenance service tomorrow to check it all over.

Overall i had a fan clutch finally give out. Not like i need it really. Ppv snapped off at the fitting road side fix with an air quick connect fitting. And my vband manifold clamp lost its locknut.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You drove 6k miles in 10 days?
Yep. Memphis to st. Louis and back. To near Tallahassee. Back to memphis via hattiesburg. Then mem to Lafayette, LA up to Shreveport and back to memphis then to an hour north of Pittsburg. Then on up to an hour or so north of boston down to macon, ga and home.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. Memphis to st. Louis and back. To near Tallahassee. Back to memphis via hattiesburg. Then mem to Lafayette, LA up to Shreveport and back to memphis then to an hour north of Pittsburg. Then on up to an hour or so north of boston down to macon, ga and home.

And had a blowout in Alabama hauling my truck to contend with. I couldn't imagine changing one of these tires on the side of the road by myself. Dude's a beast!

99nouns

I got a friend who is a chiropractor incase you need one.

99nouns

I didnt know you had a air seats, I can be less concerned, but that video is the only reason why I only talk to him on the phone.

MAdams

Funny. I drove my truck 450 miles total in two days and a friend of mine called me iron man for that "journey". Wes does 450 miles to warm the motor up

red

She did 6,350 miles since 9/25. About 1500miles of that was empty trailer driving. 5tons to deuces to a trailer. She did well. Mpg went up by about .5. Going to do some small maintenance service tomorrow to check it all over.

What RPM and speed are you cruising at now?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
1850/1900 at 67/68 she seems to like that towing or empty. The higher speed really helps on the run down the hill and back up the hill times. Loaded with everything ive hauled so far i have never had to drop below 13th.

99nouns

Funny. I drove my truck 450 miles total in two days and a friend of mine called me iron man for that "journey". Wes does 450 miles to warm the motor up
I know the feeling, I stand on the fence post balancing while saving the kitten off the tree that I get so excited, I go on youtube and see this guy walking across a grand canyon on a rope with no safety net is like oooh crap.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pretty sure the overdrive is working great. She worked her way up to 83 on a run back to the yard from Atlanta. Had to blow past some truckers that wouldn't let anyone in. It is nice being able to roll uphill in overdrive. She averaged the 53 on mostly mountain driving with a loaded trailer.

Attachments

99nouns

Wes,

I know, :( please don't get me started on that, I have been wanting to come to the rally for last 2 years since I got my truck 3 years ago but never had the chance.

This year I wanted to come but my father would not let me drive alone with the truck (yeah he still got to say to things) then I have to take him, if he is coming my mother as well which means I have to bring the RV too! Yes I did ask and he wasn't willing to drive 2 giant gas hogs 366 miles each ways costing close to $500+ alone in fuel + show admission. :shrugs:

Next rally of 2018 I will start a thread about driver available and willing to volunteer for the show, I can just bring my tent and ride along someone else if I can get picked up.

74M35A2

Just convoy with somebody there and back that is passing by you on the way there. Make sure your truck is in a good state of tune, have extra tools and supplies, and it should be fine.

99nouns

Just convoy with somebody there and back that is passing by you on the way there. Make sure your truck is in a good state of tune, have extra tools and supplies, and it should be fine.
Yeah I never thought about that, I got to meet some locals sometime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks