• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Since when did the US use these?...........

Augdog1964

Rumor

There was a rumor awhile back that Uncle Sam asked each of the big three for X amount of 3/4 and 1 ton pickups to evaluated against the non armored humvee... I remember reading about it in Motor Trend... Not sure if it went anywhere, but a followup said that Ford would be selling their F250 and 350 to the us mil as limited Humvee replacements... non armored utility trucks...
for what its worth...

I've never seen any thing like that Dodge so if it was purchased by Uncle Sugar it must have been a very small run and they weren't handed out around here. Wright-Patterson AFB uses some Dodge Ram 4x4 trucks for security duties, but there's nothing special about them. They're painted standard AF blue and they appear to be bone stock models.

nattieleather

When the army wanted to look at replacing the CUCVs they had GM, ford, and Chrysler submit a dozen or so models for testing. The CUCVII was chosen though the replacement was as we know small numbers. It is likely that this Dodge made its way accross the pond and then was dx from there to civilian hands.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just recently replaced my M1009 with a new COMBATT clone. I've already done the 383 green and kind of like it but have brown, and black standing by. is a blast to drive and gets pretty good mileage out on highway.:D
SWEEEET! I've got a 2001 just like yours (extra cab short bed) that I'd like to do something similar, except use a cut-down M105 bed...

Very nice, thanks for the inspiration!

nattieleather

I just recently replaced my M1009 with a new COMBATT clone. I've already done the 383 green and kind of like it but have brown, and black standing by. is a blast to drive and gets pretty good mileage out on highway.:D
Questions:

1. Hmmwv rims? Spacers?
2. Where did you get the front and rear bumpers? Did you self make?

Truck looks excellent and you did a good job on it!

caliber1

Just found these as well. Action shots, looks like they could have beefed the front ends up a little more. Hmm, wonder if HMMWV wheels will fitr my '08. no, gotta be 18" because of the bigger brakes.

sd_combat.jpg

sd_combat2.jpg

Last edited:

A3superdeuce

1.Yes, HMMWV wheels, no spacers
2. Yes, front and rear bumpers were custom built- thinking about doing more for sale or do conversions on customers trucks to include Chevy, and Ford conversions as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks