• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

single 5in stack

duecedodger

Ok so I've seen the dual stacks behind the cab idea, I don't want dual stacks. My question is have any of you guys ever put a 5in or larger size stack in place of the stock stack through the fender? I want to make my M35A2 louder but keep the stack placement the same.

duecedodger

True. Sorry if I forgot to mention, the "J" pipe will be stock the only thing I'm thinking about changing is the actual stack it self from the top of the fender up.

jrobinson5093

I dont believe that just the stack end in 5 inch will make it much louder, it will make it a little deeper. I have run bigger stack ends, several different mufflers, and now I have dual five inch stacks behind the cab, and to be honest if you want to make it louder just turn up the fuel. My truck sounds almost twice as loud with the fuel turned up.

duecedodger

Ok the brackets wont be too hard to adjust for the pipe. I'm thinking 4 ft stack should fit nicely after the old stack is removed. And That's what I want it to be a deeper sound.

eagle4g63

Why how interesting, I am in the process right now of upgrading my exhaust to a 5"......I'm starting at the turbo with 4" to a 4" x 4 1/2" elbow then a short piece of pipe to a 4 1/2" x 5" elbow out the fender and putting on the 5" stack........I can tell you that with the stock "j" pipe and just a mocked up 5" at the fender up, it did change the note.....definitely lower and a tad bit louder.

eagle4g63

Just in case you are curious how it looks.....this is just a mock up remind you....I had a 5" stack that was dented up to try out before I buy all new stuff.....and yes I am going to go a little shorter with the real one.

Attachments

duecedodger

Yes that is exactly what I'm planning on doing. just not the down pipe that will remain stock. And that looks good nice truck by the way! I think it should be fine with the cali kind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks