• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Single exhaust on a M1008

GM-M1008

It might....88 and up is a driver side drop and 87 is passenger drop x-case. So with it being from a newer truck it might not be bent to go around the x-case.

GM-M1008

Blazers & suburbans up to 91 will have a pass side front driveshaft.
I know but he said it was a from an 88-98 6.2 truck. Crew cabs, blazer and suburbans only went to 91 not to 98 so it is for the new bodystyle with a drivers side drop if it will fit newer than a 91. I am not saying it wont fit but there is a chance it wont.

This may be a dumb question, but why would you want to switch to single exhaust?
Many reasons. Mainly because the exhaust system is one of the more vulnerable component underneath the truck during off-road tactical procedures. :) I want to keep the system as simple as possible and tucked up out of the way without worrying about a pair of mufflers and a bunch of piping getting snagged or dented. My plan is a crossover with a short section of good flowing pipegoing up through the RF corner of the box with a high flowing round muffler mounted vertically topped off with a rain flapper. My head pipes are going bad anyway and the tailpipes have got to go as they quarrel with the shackle flip.

The low output NA 6.2 is not going to notice much difference, and I've read that it may even see a very slight improvement in mileage and performance going from the dinky stock dual pipes to a 3" single pipe. Any changes either way would be negligible.

jake 03

The smallblock gas and 6.2 diesel exhaust are the same. When my 1009 needed new pipes I just ordered up a full kit from the manifolds back for a blazer with a 350 and it bolted up perfect. Any 80s smallblock gas y pipe will work for what you want to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks