• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

single heavy axle tilt deck trailer value

TaylorTradingCo

I found this cool looking trailer on a local listing and am very interested in it, but I have no idea what it should be worth. The guy is asking $2500 and says it has $1K worth of brand new tires on it. It has duals on it, so must be at least a 10K axle, possibly more. I love the lack of fender wells and tilt ability eliminating the need for ramps. I would mount a winch on it.
What do you guys think a real value on a trailer like this would be?
Derek

Attachments

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Around here that would be on the high end of the price range if the it has a title and the brakes work .

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with pp. Also be careful with the tilt deck trailers, with the axle so far forward they can be a bear to get tongue weight on.

TaylorTradingCo

I have done all kinds of searching and I can't find another trailer like this anywhere. I know I saw one on here before though, because that's what made it catch my eye. Not sure if it was military or not, but someone on here has one like it.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have done all kinds of searching and I can't find another trailer like this anywhere. I know I saw one on here before though, because that's what made it catch my eye. Not sure if it was military or not, but someone on here has one like it.
I would say it is a commercial trailer rather than military , with as short as it is probably used with a very small paver or trenching machine . The problem with tilt bed trailers is getting enough weight to the front to get them latch , then moving it back to get tongue and axle weight right . That looks like it will be one bouncy trailer all the time.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any type of suspension? Agree with PP. Nice that it is "lower" but, agree with the other comments. I wouldn't pay that for it. $1,500.00? In Illinois, trailers require titles. Good luck................................

quickfarms

I use a single axle trailer all the time and they are very picky for balance and tongue weight. Once you sort that out they are great trailers.

What size tires are on it?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a commercial trailer. I’ve seen a few around here.
No clue on details.

Unless you have to have it, stay away from tilts for any equipment.
Problems with tongue have been mentioned and depending on equipment type, loading is a nightmare unless it’s a small track vehicle (skid steer) or similar.

You can buy a comparable brand new BigTex tilt trailer or ramp trailer for same money or just a bit more.
Excellent quality trailers.

Personally I would rather have ramps.
So much easier. To me anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks