• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

single tires to duals

ODdave

Another one! These guys are living on borrowed time! Glen

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRjoyCLPk7I&feature=related[/media]
How To Mount Spilt Rims,

Step #1 - Obtain many pairs of incredibly gay shoes for you and your friends....

Thats what i learned.

andytk5

To the OP, my truck's wheel and tire setup is identical to yours in your avatar. Are our trucks setup with the hubs already flipped out? I was wanting to keep my singles but run them dish out instead of dish in, the way ours came. Would I need to flip my hubs back in to do this, or my tires would stick way out, as well as increase load on the bearings?

toddm

I finally decided ( with the help of Kenny and Brent, for this would not have happened) to convert my Deuce from 11.00-20 singles to duals. I spent a week or so cleaning, priming and painting 4 new wheels, then came the process of mounting the tires onto the new wheels. It went very easy, no problems there. Then one Saturday I had to flip my hubs back to accept duals again. It took me most of the tim e to run to work and use the parts washer and then get home. I replaced all of the seals and the lock ring between the axle nuts, re- packed the bearings, pressed out the studs and put them on the correct side this time. They were left hand on the right side and right on the left, nice time to fix this. I personally like the way it looks now, it just needed 4 more tires. Lots of labor but I am happy with the outcome.

Last edited:

plym49

My Deuce has single 11.00 x 20 tires on the rear; it now looks exactly like Toddm's 'before' picture. I would really like to run dual 11.00 x 20s on the rear, as he has.

My question is this: I now have 4 11:00 x 20 tires on the rear that have been on there for some time. That means the diameter is worn down however much. How important is it to match the diameters of the 4 new tires you add to the rear? Do you just keep the 4 original tires in the same spot, and add 4 new ones as the outers? Or, do the old four end up on one axle - I can foresee the rear axles fighting each other if this is done, but I do not know if this is a problem.

What is the guideline on matching rear tire diameters?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks