• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

single wheel conversion on M945

bullcatcher

I hope someone can help me out. I've searched hi and low and can't seem to find much reference to my newly aquired truck. It's an M945 bridge transporter with the dual wheels on the rear axles. I found out on here that the hubs could be reversed to suit running single wheels which I need to do to get the width down to 8' instead of 9'6".
I've done that, but I can't work out what to do about the brakes now that the brake drum is sitting further out than the shoes.
Obviously I'm missing something important!
I'll get some pics up soon to show my dilema.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm checking my TMs for differences between models, the M945 is called a "chassis" truck, while the older equivalent M821 and M328A1 are called "Bridge transporting". See TM 5-210 "Military Floating Bridge Equipment" for their intended use....

bullcatcher

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks