• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sitting on side of road

o1951

I did a thermostat in my F250 in -2 degrees at an Autozone parking lot. Guy thought I was crazy, had to do something truck would only get to 90 degrees running hard, 60 at idle.

That was the day I learned snow is not a good way to clean your hands, lol

Were all a little redneck in this hobby IMHO
Yeah, Done enough of that - I avoid if possible now.
I put cardboard in front of the radiator and drove it for couple of weeks until had a "warm" (in 30's) weekend.
When the weather warmed up, I folded cardboard back some.

nchittendon

I don't know where in Minnesota you are from, but I'm in La Crosse, WI. If you took the I90 you went right past me. If you need help, I might be able to assist tomorrow(sunday). If you're on I90, I know the campsight you're probably at.

KaiserM109

My 5 ton spent 2 nights in a walmart lot in Hays, KS while we waited out a storm in a nearby hotel on our trip from Ft. Benning, GA. A Walmart lot is where it spent the last 2 nights of the same trip before it got towed the last 16 miles to the storage lot. The folks there encourage stay-overs, so don't be embarrassed to use one.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still no STIREP from the OP.

Any recon reports of life in the vicinity of their last known location?

Should we mobilize the SS ParaRescue Choppers..... I mean BOBBERS????

Tensions are mounting as we patiently await word of their fate...:popcorn:

DavisM38

Update: We spent the night camping, then limped the ole girl home in the morning. Made it all the way. Decided since we missed out on camping at Iola we would make the best of it. Grabbed the boat and headed back out to the campground. Thanks for the help everyone!

KaiserM109

' Good that DavisM38 made it home and salvaged some of his/her vacation.

Shall we start a new thread "What did you do in a Walmart parking lot'?

My first entry, "charged up my batteries from a generator and charger combo."

ke5eua

I once performed a deuce oil change in a Walmart parking lot...

I'm not proud... :oops:

View attachment 508908
While not a complete oil change, I've had to add 6 quarts to the F250 once.

Yes, I think we all have taken the walk of shame down the aisle to the bathroom in the back after working on our trucks in the parking ! I will of course buy the obligatory donuts or other junk food !
I won't even go all the way to the back bathroom, straight to the front, lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks