• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Skytrack 6000m troubleshooting?

hjscm

Sorry this is my first post.
My fire department picked one of these up and i have been having troubles fixing and finding tech manuals for it. nothing on front attchment was working. found out aux hydraulic pump was not working so i got that going. Now the auto fork level is not working. it lights up but will not level forks and also with it on the joystick will not allow forks to move. When switch is off forks go up and down. Also boom down is super slow, even with higher rpms. how can i adjust it?

serial number is 6000m2c1637
nsn is 3930011580849
if anyone has access to diagrams or manuals would be much appreciated on this machine. Been having a hard time trying to find someone to work on it for us. We are in San Francisco so not many people around here know these things.

Thank you

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Maybe this helps? This is listed in or TM forum.

hjscm

Say something if you need more help. There are a few people who have worked on the Skytrack in the forum.
I am going to try and fix the auto level and boom down. Just i am not really a mechanic. We have a mechanic that was able to come out and fix the pump but he is far away. We have a shop but they are way to busy with all our equipment so we are kinda on our own which is sad for a big department. I believe the auto level is electrical problem. So thankful i found this forum, we have been troubleshooting the front attachment not working for 3 months till i found a mechanic that was able to fix it without manuals. I can’t thank you guys enough.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe these telehandlers are a militarized version of the Skytrak 6042 or 6036. I would poke my head into a United Rentals repair shop and ask if any mechanics there need beer money, they should be very familiar with these fork lifts.

hjscm

I believe these telehandlers are a militarized version of the Skytrak 6042 or 6036. I would poke my head into a United Rentals repair shop and ask if any mechanics there need beer money, they should be very familiar with these fork lifts.
You would think they would know. I had three different people from three different rental places and paid them cash and niehter of them could figure it out. I thought same thing. I had one guy from a big crane company and another from a big drilling company look at it also. Crazy it has taken this much to figure out.

hjscm

What about checking with a local national guard base? I once found a mechanic there who would work on my truck on their personal time.
The closet one is about 2 hours away. Hate to ask someone to travel that far for something like this. I think I finally found a mechanic that will work but he is so busy he fixed the pump but it will be about 3 weeks for him to be able to come back and trouble shoot the other problems. At least it is working now so we can use it till completely fixed.
thank you

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The closet one is about 2 hours away. Hate to ask someone to travel that far for something like this. I think I finally found a mechanic that will work but he is so busy he fixed the pump but it will be about 3 weeks for him to be able to come back and trouble shoot the other problems. At least it is working now so we can use it till completely fixed.
thank you
I would have the TMs (Technical Manuals) that you downloaded handy when your guy arrives. OR, you might point him directly to the books so he can download them himself. That might help him with diagnosing the problem...

Guyfang

Staff member
One of the few times I had a problem like this with the Skytrack, (please keep in mind, this was 2004?, and I am old and forgetful) was in the boom head, a small circuit card. It gets wet and then shorts out. Its not hard to fix if I remember right. There is a small box there with 3? 4? cables going into it. In any case, the auto fork self leveling would not work. I know, not think, I know there is a thread here in the forum that dealt with the same problem. I am very sure I even chimed in on it. But when? Ha. I am lucky to remember what year it is, let alone something that long ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks