• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slant back seal

rcamacho

Q: Is adhesive indicated where the seal metal lip joins the hatch? Just got a new seal for installation. Looks like I also have to R&R one armor panel that sandwiches the upper part of the seal.

RT side molded plastic in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LT trim piece missing

Last edited:

rcamacho

Finished installing new seal today. Armor plate removal was a PITA. Lots of corrosion to deal with on fasteners and some base corrosion on plate and hatch.

Last pictures illustrate missing plastic trim piece on the upper LT corner of the hatch.

rcamacho

You may want the seal covers .
Yeah, I'm interested in the blast shield seal covers as well. Looks like my cargo shell deck is not drilled for them. I gather this was optional on the 1151a1 or a field installation? Noticed a few 1151a1/1167's on GP that had the blast shields installed along with a few more trim pieces at the top of the deck.

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I'm interested in the blast shield seal covers as well. Looks like my cargo shell deck is not drilled for them. I gather this was optional on the 1151a1 or a field installation? Noticed a few 1151a1/1167's on GP that had the blast shields installed along with a few more trim pieces at the top of the deck.
the covers are only installed on TOW variant, not for the M1151 armament carriers

Mk23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I am in the same place you were before. M1151A1 out of Yermo. Shot/missing hatch seals. I have the new ones from Mac. It looks like I have the same Armor plate you struggled with removing at top of hatch. Any tip on how to remove it? And then hatch seal just clips in all the way around?

Finished installing new seal today. Armor plate removal was a PITA. Lots of corrosion to deal with on fasteners and some base corrosion on plate and hatch.

Last pictures illustrate missing plastic trim piece on the upper LT corner of the hatch.

m1151A1 Rear.jpg

rcamacho

So I am in the same place you were before. M1151A1 out of Yermo. Shot/missing hatch seals. I have the new ones from Mac. It looks like I have the same Armor plate you struggled with removing at top of hatch. Any tip on how to remove it? And then hatch seal just clips in all the way around?

View attachment 877074e
The footman loops and one bracket have to be removed in order to lift the armor plate off the hatch. Suggest using a lift of a few extra hands on the plate to avoid damaging the hatch. After that, the seal installation is relatively straightforward.

Mk23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you!!! I assume you mean the bracket on the top left of the plate?

Alright, I'll get on removing mine then... Are you leaving your plate off?

The footman loops and one bracket have to be removed in order to lift the armor plate off the hatch. Suggest using a lift of a few extra hands on the plate to avoid damaging the hatch. After that, the seal installation is relatively straightforward.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks