• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slantback b pillar alternative

jdmcm

Don't let all the negative crap stop you, if you want a slantback then build one, I did and I love it. Yes in driving rain it leaks but I am not made of sugar so I don't melt...same as you I did not have all the parts I needed so I built what I didn't have. Then when parts became available I swapped them, after a year and a half of driving my truck and enjoying the **** out of it I am going to pull it off the road for the fall and give it a upgrade with M114 turret and MCTAGS gunners kit and ECV nose....then I am going to drive it some more and enjoy the **** out of it....as for the turret bearing support, I waited two years to find one for a price I was willing to pay...in the meantime I fabricated one out of steel and soldiered on...check back on the old posts and you will see a fellow who wanted a gun turret on a soft top and he fabricated a heavy duty bearing support....yup not "correct" according to the rivet counters...but it's your truck not theirs...and welcome to the forum, if I can be of any help...PM me