• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slantback hatch gasket question.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After installing the rear hatch with new seal, it feels like it's catching on top of seal when I open. Is it just because it's a new seal or because I installed it wrong?

87cr250r

I don't know this application specifically but a little lube can help the parts slide past each other. You MUST NOT use petroleum based lubricants for the EPDM rubber seals. Use silicone or Teflon based lubricants only. Your DOT 5 brake fluid actually works well here as it is silicone oil.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know this application specifically but a little lube can help the parts slide past each other. You MUST NOT use petroleum based lubricants for the EPDM rubber seals. Use silicone or Teflon based lubricants only. Your DOT 5 brake fluid actually works well here as it is silicone oil.
I have some spray silicone I can use. Used on vent seals for my D30. I'll try it out!

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

The top of the gasket is supposed to be under the top bar. That's how it seals.. just figured it out!
Do you have any pictures? Same problem here. Im not so sure its designed to be underneath and without the armor overlay pinching/keeping it in position. Did you use adhesive? Just ordered another seal after spreading the first one too open at the top. Thanks