• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slave cable

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for the kickback area52, do you have any idea as to part#'s?? i have been pouring over e-bay and commercial sights and have found multitudes of ends and it just deepens my questions. don't want to buy the wrong ends...thanks!!

M1075

Just remember that your truck is 24V (unless converted) and you will need another 24V source when slaving. I have a few of the 20' slave cables with the newer NATO one pin ends. Send me a PM if interested.

3dubs

AAA offers 24V jumps! It turns out many of the motor homes are 24V. I did not ask about a NATO adapters. I would like to get a slave cable when I have some extra cash. Then I could make an adapter for AAA jumps and have it for other MV's. I found two people in less than a mile from with MV's. But I keep my AAA membership too.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a set of slave cables that I will part with....if you are not in a hurry someone attending the GA rally from LA can get them to you.

They are the lighter guage wire set but should jump a CUCV with no prob.

I'll include a set of adaptors.

50 bucks will buy them.

If you need them sooner you can pay shipping and I'll drop them in the mail.

PM if interested

Pawnshop

The caps have not been easy for me to find, if you come across some please let me know, I need two...

Is that your truck? I saw that one in SA, didn't get to look at it closely but it appeared to be VERY nice.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
outta town

Many Thanks for all that have replied and have answered most all of my questions, do far...

Wreckerman, I am leaning on getting heavy cables as i have BEEN BITTEN, thinking about getting a M35A2!! Thanks anyway.

3Dubs, I will keep this in mind, thx for the info.

Pawnshop, Yep, the truck is mine. I wanted her sister as she had only 28000 on it but I am satisfied with her at 82000. Her sister wanted way too much and just getting into bidding on these...I think the 82000 one is better as I once had to bribe my MOTHER!!! to drive my truck once a week when I was working overseas. I had more problems with it sitting idle that it wearing out...

If i spot a set of caps, i'll let you know.

Milkman, Just for you, see attached!! Might even take pics and post when I pick her up, IF I remember to take the camera...hehehe!!

Again, Thanks to all!

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! Is that a 1980s CUCV or a 2000nds? It looks fantastic!

Very nice score. I love that current OD, the fuel trucks around here are all painted with it. I may paint my deuce that color, it has just grown on me.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
85F####. Could not find a K in the plant codes...

I showed my chief engineer (retired tanker) the pics and he said it might have been in the motor pool for the one of the high muckity mucks, ie not abused. Then again, I remember seeing the AF vehicles painted the same way. I'll tear the truck apart when I get it home and see what I can find.