• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave Cables Length

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A 20 foot one is fine. You will pay through the rear exit portal for the 50 foot one, and I saw a 100 foot one once. Can't remember how many Benji's that cost, but it must've been a lot.

rlwm211

I just acquired one at the MTA and it is about 20'. I have a nato adapter that will convery the two pin end to the nato end. I am pleased and glad I have it.

RL

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I understand they came in 20ft lengths, but if your making one, do yourself a BIG favor and make it 25ft. Deuces and or 5tons parked nose to nose just doesn't make it(or if it does, they have to touch). You will always kick yourself if you only go 20ft.

M1075

I manage with my 12 footers 95% of the time. I do also have a few 20 footers and even a set of 50 footers. I guess one of each is the proper answer. :beer:

LanceRobson

For me, the most desirable of them, if you only have one, is the 20' NATO job with two adapters. It's a good cross between length and transportability and will jump to or from anything that has ever had a slave receptacle. I you are making them, like some of the others here, I'd go a little longer.

I'd leave a 50' cable for a second or third cable.

Lance

Last edited:

rlwm211

I would tell you that I have a 20' older style 2 pin slave cable and did obtain an adapter that converts the 2 pin cable end to the Nato Coaxial type end that connects to the NATO slave port currently in use.

RL

3cavtanker

Does anyone have a current NSN for the 50 or 100 foot NATO slave cables? I work on tanks for GDLS and 25 foot isn't nearly enough to get from one end to the other on a 35 foot long vehicle. I've looked through the BII listings for every manual I have and even poked through FEDLOG, but can't find the NSN for 50-footers.

M1075

Does anyone have a current NSN for the 50 or 100 foot NATO slave cables? I work on tanks for GDLS and 25 foot isn't nearly enough to get from one end to the other on a 35 foot long vehicle. I've looked through the BII listings for every manual I have and even poked through FEDLOG, but can't find the NSN for 50-footers.

Let me google that for you

Looks like $875 for 50'.

Last edited:

OSO

I have an 80' appx in its shipping box . I should open it up and verify the length,so I know for sure the correct length. Has 2pin ends[thumbzup][thumbzup]

Hey Guys, i'm new to this stuff and was wondering if someone could post a picture of the nato and two pronged ends.
which one would be recomended to have if i was going to recover a m35a2?
What gauge cable do they use to make them?
Thanks Guys

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found if you have a NATO cable, and two adapters, you can hook anything to anything. Also, I second Gimp's comments. I've been short a foot or two more times than I can remember. I've seriously concidered either getting some ends and making a 25-30ft one, so then I have two, or actually rewiring mine. (I have plenty of 1/0 welding cable.)

I have one of the 24v-14v adapters. It is AWESOME to say the least.

O.D. Fever

I vote for 25 foot also. I made up a 20' and it will reach only one of 2 gensets on my trailer with it hooked to the truck. 5 more feet would help a lot when slaving trucks. Just a little heaver.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to stumble over 50' of 1/0 so I can build one. I've had new ends for years. 1/0 is pricey!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks